Announcement

Hey, readers!

I hope you enjoyed reading Lola. Now that I'm writing this update, it's been a couple of years since I finished Lola. Some of it definitely makes me cringe a bit, and I'm hoping to do a big edit one of these days to polish it up to a standard I'm more happy with.

However, this announcement is to let you know that I'm finally in the groove of writing my new story, "Humanitarian".

Before you read on, I'll give a quick content warning. "Humanitarian" contains graphic violence, sex scenes (not like 50 Shades of Grey or anything, but like a little bit of it, ya know?), themes of suicide and strong themes of cannibalism. There are also references to sexual assault, although this is not explored or described in great detail. If you are particularly sensitive to or affected by these issues then please take note of this warning, as the last thing I want to do is to upset or trigger anybody. This warning is repeated at the start of the book for those who aren't reading Lola.

Uhhhh....it's a fun story though? Promise.

"Humanitarian" follows Clarissa Lawson, a privileged and hard-nosed journalist, who writes her way into peril when a horrifying virus spreads through the city of Brisbane. Basically, imagine that covid made people crave human flesh. And then imagine the city is split in half to keep the rich people safe. And then a certified Rich Person™️ throws away her safety and leaves her life behind to fight for justice and save her little sister from being eaten on the streets of an apocalyptic wasteland.

...you kinda have to be there.

Anyway, if you like blood, suspense, drama and a bit of spicy romance, (and you're also not eleven) then please accept this invitation to join me on the crazy ride of "Humanitarian".

Have I veered away from writing high school dramas on account of being a student teacher who has to deal with dumb teenage shenanigans on a regular basis? Possibly. However, this is story I've been dying to tell for a long time now, and I'm very excited that it's finally underway.

Being on uni break, you can expect regular updates as I cling to my writing as an escape from the hellscape of working in retail at Christmas time.

"Humanitarian" is quite different to Lola in a lot of ways (and to Hard Mode, but let's be real - nobody read that one), but if you're interested in seeing where my writing has taken me over the last couple of years, then come aboard and play catch up with me as I keep writing. I've given you a 13 chapter head start, cause I'm nice like that. There's also still quite a bit of dumb humour in it, because I just can't resist.

The lack of teen angst/high school drama/adolescent awkwardness and abundance of weird cannibal diseases/shitty governments/apocalyptic adventures unfortunately does not seem to be hitting the mark with the Wattpad algorithm, but I'm having so much fun writing it and I would love to share it with some of the great Wattpadders I had the pleasure of interacting with as we did the whole Lola thing together. Some people are even still reading Lola  which makes me very chuffed.

Right, I've rambled on long enough. Self promo over.

As always, thanks for reading!

- Charlotte