#12

"Time isn't the main thing. It's the only thing."

- Miles Davis

Brooke's POV

"- she wake up?" A ruff voice questions.

I hear the rustle of paper against fingers, "I'm afraid Alpha, that she may not. She has been attacked by a blood runner, the most deadliest creature. Her left eye is blind and the injury's on her head from the fall are spontaneous. There is a huge chance she will be in this state for a long time, if not forever." A sympathetic, feminine voice explains.

Wait, are they talking about me?

I remember the blood runner . . . The Fallen Goddess. Oh no, I have to warn them.

I try to open my eyes, but to my prevail they remain shut.

"C-can she hear us?" 

"That is something I don't know, Alpha."

There's a long painful silence through the room. I hear the door open and close, I'm guessing someone left. I hear someone move their chair closer to my bed and hold my hand.

Eric.

Eric holds my hand for god knows how long, when two or three people enter.

"What did the Doc say?" Says a familiar voice.

Jackson.

"She's in a coma, we don't know if she'll ever wake up" Hearing Eric hurting is killing me. But I can't move.

Someone else enters, "Eric, your father wants to speak with you." I hear Eric sigh and touch my check then leaves.

I hear some shuffling, "Hey, B. It's Stacey, umm. Well I just got let out. I'm able to walk around just fine now."

How long was I out?

 "Hi, it's me the handsome devil."

I chuckle internally at Josh.

"We miss you, I don't know if you can hear us, but we won't have the funeral without you. I t-think Liam would want you to be there."

L-Liam's dead?

I hear Josh silently crying. So Stacey was seriously hurt, I'm in a coma and Liam's dead?

What a f*cking great life, I have.

***

Eric's POV

I make my way to my fathers office. The walls seem dim and gloomy, but ever since the accident everything seems that way. It's been a week since Brooke was put in a coma, a week since Liam's surgery failed.

I'm so deep in thought that I nearly miss the office door. I open the door to see my Dad surrounded by paperwork. Ever since the accident Dad has temporally taken over my role as Alpha.

I close the door behind me and take a seat at one of the chairs in front of his desk. He looks up from his paperwork, over his reading glasses and looks at me. "Son, you look like Sh*t." If this was any other case I probably would of laughed at his bluntness.

"Nice to see you too, Dad." He puts his paperwork down and takes off his reading glasses.

"When was the last time you had a shower?" I shrug.

He sighs and rubs the bridge of his nose. "Did you bring me away from my injured mate just to talk to me about my hygiene?"

"No, Suzi had taken some interesting views of Brooke. Her temperature is way to high, even for a werewolf, and when she infected her with shifting serum, her clothes hadn't been shredded."

I just shrug. "So, she's different."

My Father stands up. "She's not just different Eric, something is-"

The door slams open, "Alpha! She's awake!"

***

??? POV

Brooke Hills AKA The Blood Red Wolf.

I look at my Mistress with the most respect. 

"You understand the task?"

I will complete the task.

I will make Brooke lose who she love the most, then she will do what she was created to do.

"Yes, Mistress."

***

I know, I know, it's short but they will get gradually longer, I promise.

Please vote and leave a comment.

K-J