Chapter 36~ Revenge

Got my iPad back!

Taylor

++++

River's POV

++++

It's Thursday when Amberly gets to go home. I decide to keep away for her to have family time. I walk the school halls by myself to see Carter waiting for me talking to Brookie. I walk up to my friend.

"Hey,"I give a slight smile.

"Hey. How you doing?" Brookie asks with the biggest smile on her face.

"Brookie take that shitty smile off your face its pissing me off," I roll my eyes as her mouth goes thin.

"Who shit in your corn flakes, fuck River," she rolls her eyes back at me crossing her arms over her chest. I decided to leave myself from the conversation before I start a fist fight. I'm not really in the mood for anything. I turn to see Carter and Brookie having great times in the middle of the hallway. Shaking my head a walk to my locker.

"Hey, River what you up to?" The girl's hand stops my locker from opening then with her other hand turns my cheek to face her.

"Amberly,"I say in a hushed voice. She's wearing a black Vans thirst, ripped boyfriend jeans and white Vans. Her hair is pulled back in a loose messy topknot. She smiles when our gazes lock.

"They let me go home yesterday. You never came to visit?" Her eyes look sad for a moment making me regret not seeing her.

"Sorry thought you just wanted to be left alone,"

"Don't take it harshly I don't care,"the bell rings making us spilt up quickly. It's hard to look at her, she's just so skinny. I thought they were putting her on a sugar diet thing.

++++

Amberly's POV

++++

I'm walking to my class when a hand grasps mine and pulls me into the janitors room. The door shuts with a click, my eyes take a moment to ajust.

"Mark?" I'm really confused.

"Hey babe," his voice is husky.

"Piss off I don't want to talk to you," I say swatting his hand off mine. He grabs my waist and pulls me closer.

"I have something to tell you," his eyes are staring into mine, a smirk creeps onto his face.

"You've got five minutes," I tap my foot.

"River was out with Jamie on Monday," he looks away, "I'm sorry to say just thought you should know.

So that was the reason he was having a hard time speaking to me this morning!

Or maybe it's because he thinks your fat, the voice says in my head.

"Thanks Mark for telling me," I bit my lip trying to suck in the tears stinging my eyes. The voice was right.

He grabs my wrist, friendly.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have told you,"

"No it's fine I'm glad you did. It's just," I sniff and rub my eyes.

"It's alright you can cry I can barely see you," he says, which is kind of comforting. We sit in the silence with the odd sniffle coming from my noise and me crying. He just stands there like a friend, not judging.

"You know what Mark? Sit with me at lunch we can talk then," I give an evil grin of revenge.

"Alright then," he smiles back the door clicks open a shoot of light blinds me.

++++

I'm sitting with Marlee with an empty seat beside me. The seat would normally belong to river but today it didn't. I wait until I see the boy I'm looking for.

I could check him out in the dark but his light brown hair is brighter in the sun light. His green eyes sparkle as he sees me.

"Hey," he waves sitting down. He smiles towards Marlee, who returns him with a zombie face. I see her pull out her phone, soon mine buzzes in my pocket.

Marlee: what is he doing here?

Amberly: Revenge

I click my phone shut then focus back on Mark. Behind him I see River. He walks in towards Marlee and I but stops dead in his track when his gaze sees Mark, he walks faster toward our table. This is my time.

"Mark did I ever tell you how much I just love your hair," I purr twisting his Carmel colour hair around my fingers, rivers only a few steps away. This is the right moment. I lean in towards Mark, he instantly gets the memo and leans in too.

Our lips crush together, spark fly between us but it's nothing like when River and I kiss. I put my hands on the nape of his neck while his hands go on my back. We pull away slowly, I turn to see River, fumes bursting from his ears. I focus back on Mark.

"Damn, girl," he smirks then goes to eat his food. I turn to my water, I decided to not eat anything because I wasn't 'hungry'. Hands grab my shoulders then with full force pull me up so I'm standing, they push me out of the cafeteria. Pushing me against a locker my eyes lock onto River.

"Amberly what the hell just happened out there," he says through his teeth.

"You want me to tell you, ha,"I laugh crossing my arms over my chest.

"Amberly Falls, your pissing me off," his eyes are crossed and filled with rage.

"Should off told me that this morning when you couldn't even talk to me," I roll away from River then stalk down the halls, leaving him in my dust.

"Fuck you!" I hear him scream. Then with out turning my head I put up my right hand and flip him the bird.

++++

Ohhhh Mark

Boom tisk

I might right a prologue to this story called Chasing Shasha, about Sasha And River. Wondering if you guys would read it comment if you would! I would appreciate it! Thanks

Taylor