15. Summer Romance

Marco POV

As I held star close I wiped away a few stray tears as she tried to calm herself. I couldn't believe she was really leaving in just a few days. I just started to go out with her and now she's leaving me. "Marco?" I looked down at her as she held my face. "Yeah?" She smiles as she leans and kisses me. This felt like she was saying goodbye to me and it's not even close. "Uh. Star I know that you are leaving soon but don't give me goodbye kisses right now." She blushes as she sighs. "Honestly i don't want to leave. It's just my mom wants me to help at the company. If I could bring you with me I think my days would be enjoyable." I smirked as I caressed her cheek. "I would follow you to the end of the universe." She smiles as she cuddled closer. "What should we do?" I checked my phone as I sigh. "Well. We need to get back to our campers but..we need to talk to my uncle about your leave." She nods.

"Right." I stood up as I helped her up as we walked towards my uncle's office. I noticed a few counselors look at us and whisper. Star held her head down avoiding the unwanted stares. I shot glares as they stopped and moved along. "Guess it got around.." she whispered as we make it to the cabin. "Ms. Butterfly, so I'm assuming you're here to tell me that you will be leaving us." She walks towards him and nods slowly. "Sir, it wasn't my intention to leave. My mother called for me to come back because my father was injured and needs help." He nods as I stood firmly at the door as he grabs a clipboard. "So, you're not leaving to have fun with friends back home?" She shook her head.

"No. Why would I lie about leaving abruptly?" He sighs. "I heard from someone that you had to choose between working or having fun with friends." Star started to shake a bit. "Whatever you heard is a lie. My mother needs me home. My father badly injured himself. They need me to run the company as I'm taking over it after high school. So I will never have free time." It was quiet for a bit as the room felt tense. "Sir. Being here makes me feel happy. I met so many nice people and the kids are amazing. I would come and be a part of your team anytime. So please let me go in just a few days. That's all I ask from you." It was quiet as I walked in "Tío." He looked at me. "I know we are going to be understaffed but I can take her kids. Camp is almost over in just a few more weeks and her kids know me. I'm just-" "Enough." I shut up as I looked at his stoned face.

"Star, I'll let you go. But I want to be able to see you next year." She smiles "Of course!" I smirked. "Marco. You will be responsible for taking care of her campers." I nodded "Yes tío." He nods as he dismissed us. As we left we both let out a breath we had been holding. "Oh my stars! I was so scared!" I nodded. "Me too and he's my uncle." We laughed a bit as I thought about how I'm going to miss this. Hearing her laugh and smile so brightly. "Come on. Time to get our campers." She pulled my hand as we left. Yeah definitely going to miss this.

~

As we arrived to her cabin the campers were surprised to see us as Star sat in the middle of the room. "Alright guys.." "is it true you're leaving?" Camilla asked as the others had sad eyes. Star took a deep breath. "Yes. I'm leaving very soon. I wish I wasnt because I'll miss all of you. But hopefully next year I'll be back and see familiar faces." They smiled at her as I felt my heart twitch. "Counselor Star. If I'm honest you made my summer camp experience so much better than other times." Little rose spoke up. "Yeah! Me too." All the girls started to speak as Star was flushed with tears brimming her eyes. "Aw you guys are so sweet. Group hug!" They surround her as they held her tight. I'm really going to miss her when she leaves. I don't think I'll be okay my last year in high school. I really wish she went to my school.

"Alright I have a few days with you guys and then counselor Marco will be your leader." They looked at me as I smiled. "You guys don't mind right?" They shook their heads as camilla came closer. "I'm glad now I can see Mason~" I chuckled along with star. As she stood Star decided to take the campers to arts and crafts. As I walked beside her she interlocked our hands together as she kept out a deep sigh. "Only a few days with you and I won't see you for awhile.." I held tight as I stopped walking and held her cheek. "Let's not think about that. Meet me at the entrance at midnight." She blushed and nods. "See you there." We kissed as I rushed back to my campers. Tonight is going to happen. Hopefully if I don't chicken out.