Chapter 6 (Short Chapter)

Izzy's POV

It was getting closer to lunch. Hade is ecstatic. All day, he's been talking about how he wishes all his classes would speed by for lunch, zoning out in classes and conversations, and most of all, Zella. He's been talking about her nonstop. It's obvious he has developed a crush of her. As his bestfriend, I should feel happy for his first crush. But instead, I feel jealous. I hate myself for feeling this way but I just can't help it. I wanted to be his first crus. I've known Hade my whole life and all he sees me as is his bestfriend and never the way I see him. He's known Zella for a total of four hours and is already obsessed with her! I just don't get it. I don't understand.

But, I won't say anything to Hade. He deserves to be happy. All I have to do is put on my best mask and act like everything is okay. That's all that can be done. I have to push aside my growing feelings for Hade and root him on. Hade isn't Zella's type. I can tell. Admittedly, Zella is a beautiful, elegant, girl. Girls like her have no time for someone like Hade. So when she rejects him, I'll be his shoulder he can cry on and lean on for support. But untill then, I have to bottle my feelings and be there for Hade now.

Hade's POV

The time has come. It's finally lunch. I took Izzy's arm and led her to the cafeteria. We waited in line to get our food. After, we sat at our usual table and patiently waited for Zella to come. "Are you just going to stare at the doors until she comes or have a conversation with me?" Izzy asked. I snapped my attention away from the doors and smiled down at my bestfriend. Her face had a scowl but once I smiled her eyes softend.

"I'm sorry, Izzy," I began. "I'm just excited, that's all."

Izzy huffed, "I guess it's okay. Just pay more attention to me, okay?"

I chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Okay." She smiled up at me and we started talking. I'm not sure how we always have something to talk about since we're always together.