Chapter 14

Zella's POV

   "You missed me?" I asked him with a smile.

    He blushed and looked down while scratching the back of his neck. "Maybe just a little." I rolled my eyes and threw my arm across his shoulders, pulling him to my side.

    "I'd say more than a little, darling. Now come on. Let's get you to class." He nodded and we walked the halls like we owed the school. But I do. I run this place. The students here worship me and all I have to do is simply smile at them. It's amazing how humans are so easily swayed just by appearance. It's as if beauty runs it all. If you have the looks, the charm, you get popularity, people love you, anything you want; you get it. Just because you're attractive. It doesn't matter if you treat people like shit, because people aren't able to see past the looks. They don't care what kind of person you are.

    Hade's arm snaked around my waist. I looked down at him, seeing his wide eyes stare straight ahead with a light tint of red coloring his cheeks. He's so soft, it's cute. I could tell it took a lot of courage to be so bold. At least, this is bold for him. If only he knew what being bold really was. But, he's not ready for that type of bold yet. Even so, I liked that he was getting more comfortable around me. All I want is for him to see me as his safe space, that's my job as his mate. Protecting him and his happiness is all that matters to me, and I'll do anything to ensure that. Even if that means putting up with an annoying, short, blonde girl; Izzy.

    She walked up to us with a smile on her face, her wide-frame glasses almost falling off her nose. "Hade! It's nice to see you." I scoffed. As if she doesn't see him everyday, at the same spot, I thought. Her high pitched, sing-song voice got on every nerve in my body. Can she shut up already? Not even nice enough to greet me.

    "Hey, Dizzy." Hade greeted her, waving his hand. She smiled at him and went to reach for his arm, trying to pull him away from me. I quickly snatched his hand before she got the chance. Izzy looked at me as if I just stole her lunch and ate it in front of her, and I just smiled back. As terrible as it sounds, I somewhat enjoyed making her jealous. It's like a reminder from me to her that she'll never have my mate, as much as she may dream for that. She wants what she can't have and I hope there's a mutual understanding on that. And if it's not, I'll make it.
Hade, picking up on the tension between the women, cleared his throat and tried distracting us with a question, "So, do you ladies have any plans for after school?"

    Izzy kept staring me down. It's no telling what she's thinking of me. I'd assume something along the lines of "How to kill your crush's girlfriend and dispose of body." I can't judge, my thoughts are clouded of ways to keep her from my darling as well. The only difference is, I know how to get away with certain things. Being a creature from the Underworld as it's perks, many perks. Finally, Izzy broke her death stare and turned her gaze to Hade. "No, I don't. What's up?"

"Well I was wondering if you two wanna all hang out later. I've finished all of my tests, so I don't have to study anymore." He wants us to hangout together? Like we're friends? Maybe this is his way of attempting to make us closer. I'm not sure that's possible, though. I don't want to admit it but, Izzy is a sweet girl. She's a good friend to Hade. However, I'm not able to get over her like for him. But, if Hade wants us to get along, I'll try. I hope he knows how much I care for him. Never in a million years I thought I'd be putting aside my own desires, especially for a human. The only thing is, how does Izzy feel about the situation? Can she get over the fact he's mine and be my friend? Or is she too jealous?

"Yeah, I can make it, just text me," She said, "but my ringer will be off. I have to get to class, later." The corners of her lips turned upwards before falling down again once she glanced at me. The look in her eyes said it all. She didn't want to spend extra time with me, I totally get that. But for Hade, she would. I can't wait to see what plays out.