VI. SIX

CHAPTER SIX

XENOPHANES ONCE SAID, "no human being will ever know the truth, for even if they happen to say it by chance, they would not even know they had done so." Something that was said so long ago still held meaning to this very day. Humans hold the truth so high up in ranks that if someone they love or adore dares to lie to them about anything their trust wavers for a moment. The truth is a tricky thing to deal with, every truth that has been uttered to anyone has always come laced with a small fib in it. Those I love you, forever and ever, till death do us parts... they're all lies because there will come a time where one will only feel hatred for a person they said they loved, forever will seem as if it was only seconds long and vows to be together for eternity will end in two broken souls.

"I love you, Venus Wilson."

"You're a little too... married to be in love with me don't you think?"

"You're different Venus... I feel young around you, I want to do things to you..."

The world and society, in general, has created three broad categories for all of humanity to fall under: pessimists, optimists, and realists. One could say that pessimists love the truth the most, they hate lies. They enjoy knowing that the truth is as dark and horrible as they had thought — as negative as they had hoped. Optimists are beautiful fools, always willing to fall for lies disguised as truth. And realists, the ones that truly know that there is no such thing as a whole truth, for each truth is poisoned by lies told before it.

"You'll leave her for me?"

"I'd leave her in the blink of an eye if it were that easy, Venus. But what we have is best-kept secret... no one will understand what we share with one another. Not her. Not Tyler. Not even I did at first."

"You have a special way with words you know, you get me all happy, you shower me with these compliments that so many have expelled in my presence but you make it your own. It's like hearing it for the first time... I feel brand new around you..."

One could say that time plays a big factor in the way people perceive life. Everyone is always born an optimist, then form into pessimists, and then realists. It's the way of life, something that cannot be unchanged. One does not remain an optimist for life without becoming a pessimist or realist once along the way. That would just indicate how little that person has lived. To be able to say that everything in life is beautiful and positive after so many years. A life created for each human to experience a unique type of pain, heartbreak, happiness, sadness, and all other emotions unknown.

"You promised you wouldn't get rid of it..."

Silly Venus,

"You're kidding me, right? What are you like three? Remember when you told me that what we have should be kept a secret? I did what I had to to keep this a secret."

Caught in her own web of lies,

"But that was then!"

With only enemies left,

"Perhaps you're forgetting whose daughter I am..."

To bury,

"You're going to pay for this Venus Wilson."