IV. QUATRE

CHAPTER FOUR

SOMETIMES PEOPLE FORGET that there is an end. Nothing is forever, no one is forever. A simple fact everyone learns through experience or through facts and research. Death. It is a big bang that will end everyone. Yet it is such a romanticized concept that no one fears it anymore.

The end.

Everyone is afraid of the end. It is not as beautiful as a 'happily ever after', because no one knows what happens after 'ever'. Just presumptions.

Some believe God created Adam and Eve, who were the first people to walk on Earth. And from those two, the entire human race began. Others believe that humans evolved from fish, that turned into land animals and soon into the 7 billion people residing in this planet.

Either way, there was a beginning, a middle, and all that's left is the end.

So when will the end come?

Doomsday.

The Day of Judgement.

The Day of Reckoning

The End.

Everyone is slightly obsessed with the end. Everyone believes in different ways the human race will go out. Whether it be a zombie apocalypse or with an asteroid, there will come a point in one's life where they will wonder: "Will we go out with a bang, or with a whimper of defeat?" Everyone hates spoilers, though.

Now, humans have reached a point where they are gripping on their seats, biting their nails, wondering: when, why—how it will all end.

How will it all end?

Islam, Christianity, Judaism, these religions may not have a lot of similarities, but they do share one same concept, and that is the concept of the 'Day of Judgement'. How it will all end. A theory that is so powerful it creates fear in many, stopping them from doing something 'sinful'.

It paints a picture of paradise for believers and a fiery pit for nonbelievers. Fear and faith work hand in hand to create the most powerful believers. But what are believers afraid of? God? The end? Their sins? Themselves? In the end, is it truly a happily ever after for those believers? Some will say 'yes' others will scoff at the thought of a happily ever after.

Yet curiosity will continue to latch onto their minds until the end will finally come. Fear and faith may work hand in hand, but in the end, it is fear that stops humans, not faith.

"Don't you have faith in us?"

"I have faith in no one but myself."

"Not even God?"

"Not even God."

Venus had never sounded more dead.

     In every good book or movie, there's going to be a climax, where it leaves the audience biting down on their fingernails. Will he do it, or will he not? Will they, won't they. Stay, don't leave. He's behind the door. No not him! — Books, movies, art in general plays with simple feelings that reside in the minds—the souls of humans. Its twists and turns throw people off guard but that isn't enough for them to get off the ride they signed up for in the first place.

Life is just like a book, or movie. There's a beginning, a middle and an end. Life plays tricks on humans, simply because it can. It introduces characters into their lives and makes them fall in love with them, only to snatch that very character away.