Hell hath no fury

Fasting was not fun, 6 days we stayed protesting until we got to meet the minister. She promised to meet with college administrations and student bodies to finalise a method to prevent further such incidents. Action against the culprits was taken by the police on the minister's command, and the medical expenses for Kabir would be borne by the government. The protest was a success, the rate depends on the government's ability to stop more incidents.

It was time to get back to Delhi, but JK stayed at Dev's home in Mumbai to recuperate from days of fasting. We were too tired and should have listened to Mrs. Malathi Kamath, Dev's mom and gotten admitted.

"Bhaiya get up, have soup and where should I keep Karan's", Roz woke her brother and send to him to freshen.

"Take it to his room and wake him."

"Yeah, yeah. Am the maid, right?"

Roz moved to the guest room where JK is currently settled in and woke him up for his dinner.

"Soup, again! Give me something to eat am hungry", JK begged

"Ha! Should have known your limitations. Now have your soup", Roz chided

"Am too tired, be a sweetheart and feed me"

"Sure, should I let it cool down before I pour it over your head or do you want it hot", Roz retorted with a sweet smile and turned to walk off.

"Hey! Don't be angry, I was just... Sorry"

"Fine", smiling genuinely, "Now have this, once your tummy settles I will get you something to eat. I could get you juice now"

"Yes, please.", JK asked, "Hey! Why didn't we ever talk?"

"Before you grew up? (Smiling) You, and my brother were too high and mighty. Mom wanted me to grow up human, so she fought with dad and didn't let me go to the boarding school. I matured but you guys were still kids. Anyways you were never interested in including me"

"Now I think we made a mistake"

"Drink up, I'll get you the juice", Roz left room leaving JK. Dev entered the room with his soup, clearly already bathed and looking better.

"Lazy bones, what are you grinning about? Get up! And go take a shower"

"Huh!", JK hadn't noticed Dev entering. "Shit, am up." And ran to the bathroom and came out in 10mins feeling refreshed after a hot shower with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

Roz was back with the juice for both and stopped at the door seeing him half naked. He met her eyes and couldn't help smiling to see she was checking him out. He knew he was good looking, the typical Punjabi height and fair skin, plus a body honed by crazy work out sessions. Her looking at his wet body, gave him goosebumps.

"Dude, put on something.", Dev threw a pillow, and Roz ignored both and set her juice down on the tiny table near the window. Wearing a Tee-shirt from the wardrobe JK walked to get the soup and juice. Soup had gotten cold, which Roz offered to warm up but he declined.

Dev wanted to discuss about getting back to Delhi with their plan for getting into politics and may be contest the next Parliament elections. JK's heart was not in leaving. Dev was worried if he stayed back, his father would make him accompany to the Rose Developers Office, but since JK wanted to stay back he reluctantly agreed.

The 2 weeks JK stayed in their home, Dev was, as expected, pulled away to the office. Roz was in her final year at college, so she was away on weekdays and reached home only later in the evening, and those moments he get her alone, he really could talk about anything under the sun. He knew he was betraying his best friend, still couldn't stop himself from having feelings for her, his heart beats faster when he sees her every time, her smile brings an answering smile and the slight touches lights him up.