Wailing Sirens

Mumbaikars were woken from their slumber by the wailing sirens of fire trucks, police jeeps and ambulances. More inquisitive one's switched on the TV to see breaking news;

"Fire devours Mankhurd Slums" and "Countless lives lost"

News anchor blasted on "13 fire trucks are trying to bring down the fire, which has spread to surrounding localities and the railway station. Families are being evacuated as precaution from nearby as the fire roars on. Our correspondent is at the scene. Jignesh can you tell us the situation"

"Yes Priya, as you can see the flames have gone high and engulfed the slum completely. We can still hear the scream of people, but the firemen are finding it difficult to approach because of the intense heat. They are spraying the whole thing from a distance to bring down the fire and try the rescue operations. There are emergency technicians taking care few lucky survivors and taking them to nearest hospitals Lifeline and BARC."

"What does the survivors say about the fire"

"As you can see, the police have locked off the area, and we have not been allowed to meet with the survivors. We are trying to get details from the police."

"Thank you. Reporting livefrom the scene was Jignesh Patel with camera man Shaan. Hotline has been set uphere at the studio. We will update you continuously."