Plan comes to Fruition

14 September 2018

06:00 am

Rose Hotel, Andheri

The employees of Andheri Rose hotel were extra busy today. Tonight, is the Sangeet of Mr Kamath's daughter, the owner of the hotel. It is to be an intimate program with just the bride and groom's family and friends. Though Ravinder Kamath wanted the function to be grant, the groom insisted on a low-key function after everything that has happened he didn't want the attention of the people. Ravinder was not happy about it, he didn't want to send his daughter away as a pauper. So, he left no stone unturned for the wedding, inviting stars and politicians, with the press, and their constant flash bulbs.

06:00 am

Western Express Highway

Groceries truck of Rose Hotel on the way with fresh veggies breaks down with smoke rising from the engine. They call up the hotel and asks for a replacement. The hotel security mentions the replacement have already gone to the airport for flower deliveries and they had to arrange for 2 more truck for the flowers, so will not be able to provide one. Make your own arrangement and get back soon was the advice. Truck driver called for a tow truck and was thinking about a replacement when they see large mailvan coming their way. The vehicle stopped next to them, there were two men sitting in the front and the back door opened to find two in the back of the empty truck.

"Hoy! What happened?", asked the driver of the mailvan.

"As you can see the vehicle is broken down and we need the vegetables delivered urgently. We need another truck"

The driver of the mailvan continued, "I can call my cousin, he has a good garage and the work is tip top and he will get you a truck soon. It can be here in 2 hrs."

"That will be too late. The veggies need to reach in half an hour. Could you deliver them? Your vehicle is not loaded"

"Sorry we have to collect the mail from 11'o'clock train from Dadar."

"You can drop these and still make it there by 11."

"It's veggies! Our truck will get dirty."

"Please the hotel will compensate you for trouble"

"How much? This is not mine, know that. The owner should not find dirty, the cost of cleaning, even if I go to my cousin it will not work, know that. This will need professional cleaning. So how much? And where to? I will need atleast 10K for cleaning, and the boys will have to be compensated, you know?"

"You need to deliver to Andheri Rose Hotel, these veggies are for the marriage function today. Trust me, I know, they will give any amount you ask."

"Fine. We need a lumpsum for our pain. Let's load them up boys. Move it."

"Jeetu, you go with them and stay back at the hotel.", the Rose truck driver insisted one of them be present, "Otherwise the security will not let you in."

"Fine, you get in."

08:30 am

Rose Hotel, Andheri

All the employees were on their toes, in the kitchen early morning vegetable delivery had not arrived. The Chef screamed at the security to check on the truck and let them in as soon as possible. The security took a breath of relief when he saw a truck pulling up, but it was a mailvan.

"Wait. Where is Gopu?"

Jeetu peeked out of the truck and replied, "Chachu's truck broke down on the way and we got them to carry the groceries."

Driver of the truck was in a hurry, "Can we drop them off here? We have to be on our way to pick up the mails from Dadar Station."

"No, no you have to go and drop near the kitchen. They are busy today so help in the unloading"