Love after many sights

On the way from the studio JK sat silent and tense while Dev was driving.

"Dude, why so tense?", Dev inquired.

"I hate these stupid interviews. Look at the questions! Not one is about what we want to accomplish, they just want to dig in to my personal affairs, aahh!", JK couldn't keep his irritation from his voice.

"You want to make a difference, then these are part and parcel of it. You had no qualms with all the page 3 news, now you must be the headlines. Our current supporters are not enough to get you a seat in Loksabha, you need to get out there and make a splash.", Dev comforted.

"I know", sighed JK, "Why don't you be the leader and I can stop them from bringing in Roz."

"Hey, I was made to be a follower, even dad agrees that. My little sister can handle anything, I didn't forget her schooling me, so don't worry about her. Look towards to your next interview"

Dev fell silent and concentrated on driving. JK looked back to how he came to be in love with Roz.

Little had I known the girl I used to ignore all the time would end up being the best part of my life. Always thought of her as little sister of Dev and during the protest days, when we spend every day together or more like with all my company during our protest, she was the only one I could see. When did she become smart and beautiful and so caring? I remember being ignored by her just like we did, we had nothing in common or maybe it is the old me.

The day she came to help us with her friends from college was nothing special. She was always beautiful, the dusky beauty most valued on the ramp type. Her eyes were captivating, and the days she does wear Kajal, I just can't seem to look anywhere else. But I have always known beautiful girls, why did she get in my heart? She was not even the typical beauty that we Indian prefers, not fair and slim like all the matrimonial advertisements have. She looked like her dad, not tall, but rounded figure with beautiful smile and mole just on the top line of her lips. She never seems to bother with her hair, tied it short and clipped. Why did I notice everything about her? Was it because she ignored me? Or was it the forbidden love? I don't know, no I don't think so.

Maybe it was her pride in what I have become, the look in her eyes, I loved it. That was the beginning.

Devika came for her brother, she was proud of him. After years of goofing around and non-stop partying, seeing Bhaiya all grown up and responsible, she was really happy. Dev was all business, making her and her friends hold up the placards and be part of the protest.

Sitting with her friends, in the Pandal built in the Srimati Devyani Patel Memorial College ground, the group were discussing the plan of action. She came and sat near Dev, wanted to be more involved in our activities.

"More the merrier! We could use all the help.", JK spoke to the assembled, "If we could involve more kids from different colleges, that would be wonderful. Roz am giving you this responsibility. My team and I are from Delhi, so we don't have much hold here. We are protesting for you guys. No more Moral policing by the local parties. Outside a campus we will try to get police involved, but these party goons should not be able to enter the campus ground and harass the students. Last week, Kabir and Reshma were bullied by in the college canteen by the server boy because they were sitting together and having a conversation. Since he struck back, goons came in and thrashed Kabir and put him in a coma. The college authorities are turning a blind eye due to their political connections. We need to push for stricter action for them, and no outsiders should be allowed to enter the campus. We should have no more Kabir's in this country"

"Yeah", thunderous clapping and shouting accompanied his words from the students of SDP Memorial College.

Roz and her friends rallied more students from Mahaveer, CSK and St. John's colleges for a march to the Legislative Assembly. Nearly five thousand students turned for the event and attracted Media attention.

"We want a clean march, we are not looking for any violence. There is a police barricade at the end, and they will charge us if we are unruly. I do not want more Kabir's in the hospitals. We are protesting to prevent such incidents and we should not incite one now.", JK spoke to the crowd.

The march started at SDPM college to the Vidhan Sabha, and their continued effort to meet with the Education minister was thwarted by the officials. It was decided to have Nirahara Satyagraha (Fasting Protest) to get more attention from people and the media, thus push the minister to have a talk with them.

It was fun to decide to fast, but after 4hours all were thirsty and hungry. Most were not able to stay up and wanted to back out.

"Okay, it's doesn't seem to be easy like our mom's made it look. Let us have few volunteer's, may be five at one time, with others to replace if one gets too tired or hospitalised. To be effective we must forgo water too. It will be tough, and we will sit and talk until we can.", looking around, "Let me see a show of hands."

Dev, Pratik, Devika, Sandra and Shaan, and 12 others put their hands up.

JK pointing each, "Dev, Pratik, Sandra, Shaan and I will start the fast. Let us see how long we will last. Everyone else take a break, Rishi and Nita Fatima will continue to get the minister's attention." Looking at Devika, JK beckoned her.

"Roz, you must keep the spirits in each college, don't let the energy fizzle out"

Roz replied, "I will keep the discussion alive in our chats, and btw you need me here take care of you. None of you have really fasted in your life and you need someone awake taking care of you. First day is the worst, temptation breaks fast more than hunger or thirst, if you cross that hurdle it will slightly become better, until you are too tired to even sit. So, I will stay to keep an eye on you"

'She is bossy'