Chapter 5 - Into the woods

The village was burning.

Houses, people, meadows, everything was burning. The fire was growing and growing, as it wasn't normal.

Melissa stood behind the girls, while they were watching the fire.
"Your task starts now!" The girls to Melissa as soon they heard those words. "You must leave, now." And with that, she snapped her fingers and bags appeared out of nowhere, bags with medicine, food and water at least for a month and weapons.
"But, we can't leave you here!" Meyra was anxious, so were the other girls.
"GO!" Melissa raised her voice.
She mouthed an "I love you" and snapped her fingers once again, but this time the girls found themselves at the entrance of The Black Forest.

"What the hell just happened?" Lisa was cursing non stop.
"She teleported us" Solar explained. She didn't feel dizzy like the other girls because of the teleportation. It was part of her personal training with Melissa.
"I want to puke." Those were the only words that came out from Moon.
"So what are we going to do? We can't just leave Melissa alone." Rosé said while checking the bag with the weapons. She took out a bracelet that matched with her hair stick, it somehow transformed into a whip. Apparently Melissa created that bracelet long time ago for Rosé especially, nobody can use it except her. Then she pulled out her hair stick and tied half her hair into a bun.
"We are going in." Mey spoke firmly, taking her kunai knives out of the bag, and putting them in her boots.
"Mey is right. We all love Melissa and want to protect her, but she trained us, that woman is not someone anybody would mess with. We need to start this little adventure of ours." Lisa was back from her cursing session. She took her katana and put in on her back, she also took the bag with the food.
The other girls followed.
Moon took her bow and arrows along with the bag with the water.
Rosé took the bag with medicine.
Solar took the bag with the rest of the weapons and Meyra the other bag with food.
They were in front of the entrance, in a line. All sighed in unison and exchanged some glances, and finally, step by step, they went into the woods.

It turned darker as they entered the forest. Trees were blocking the moonlight.
Meyra's pendant started shining, indicating the way.
"So that's how bright it shines, huh" Lisa exclaimed and everything chuckled at her comment.
"Let's find a place to spend the rest of the night. It's dangerous to be at such an open and vulnerable place, you never now what can happen." Solar was calm, way too calm. At least one of them needs to be.
Everyone nodded and started walking to North, following the pendant's indication. Weird huh, following an enchanted object.

Soon they stopped in front of a small door, hidden among stones that were covered with moss, trees and all type of plants. It would be hard to find without help, especially in the dark.

[Let's imagine that it's night]

"Are we sure that this isn't someone's place to have lunch?" Moon asked with hesitation. Only Mey giggled, while the other girls were staring at them.
Then everyone looked at Rosé who took a step forward.
"This is a hideout. It was used by many omegas who were abandoned by their packs when hunters entered the forest." They all stood there as she opened the door.
There was a staircase, leading underground.
As they stepped in, the pendant started to shine even brighter.

At the end of the staircase was a big hall, with tables, chairs, but no beds.
Guess they will have to sleep on the floor.
"Well, let's take a nap, girls. We will need all our strength tomorrow." Solar said with a fake enthusiasm on her face.
The girls just laughed at her behavior and went to sleep.