"Our last meeting was a month ago, you know after you got 'this really important case that I can't fail because my promotion depends on it'" The photographer quotes, adding quotation marks with his fingers.

Jungkook eagerly nodded.

"This was the 'really big and incredible case' ," He says, eyes shining. "To become Kim Seokjin protector"

Kim Taehyung sighed, dreamily.

"You've been staying with him all this time without saying anything?" Tae asked, thin lips pouting.

"I wanted to" He replied, eyes looking down at his hands. "I even obliged Hoseok to take a photo for you when the model appeared in our interrogation room, but couldn't send it because I got to be in this case and it was confidential information" He tried to explain, looking up to see Taehyung's expression, which was unreadable.

Tae's eyes were scrutinizing his face, searching for some kind of lie and Jungkook tried to keep a relaxed face to please him.

"You kept many secrets too" Jungkook tried to change the topic. "It was surprising to see your face during the introduction live of this channel, almost chocked with my own saliva"

Taehyung's eyes relaxed when he smiled.

"I'm a secretive person" He agreed, looking smug.

"You are" Jungkook pouted. "How did you end up in this place?"

Taehyung crossed his arms behind his neck, definitively looking smug.

"I got an email and passed an interview" He vaguely replied.

"When?" Jungkook tried again.

"Some time ago"

"Can you at least reply?" He protested and hit the photographer's arm. "Clearer and more detailed?"

Tae didn't even flinch, he kept smiling like the Cheshire cat.

"Information for Information" He negotiated.

Jungkook frowned.

"What do you want to know?" He asked again, unsure.

Taehyung sat straight to approach Jungkook, leaning closer into the law enforcer's ear.

"I want to know about what is happening with Kim Seokjin"

Jungkook frowned, again. "Why?"

"To help you to protect him"

Right then, Jungkook considered what to do.

It was risky. 

And it went against the law. 

As talking about the case with outsiders could make him lose his job and even go to trial for being a snitch.

But it was his friend.

And it could be positive to have someone other than him and Hoseok, someone who would be able to follow around other contestants and watch them from the front lines. Someone who would be able to cross impossible lines and get into forbidden places. Someone who is going to meet a lot of people, people that could be hiding something from them or be acting defensively because they were policemen and not ordinary people.

As people always treat them differently.

Even more when they are criminals.

As all criminals seem perfectly normal.

So he made his mind and looked at Taehyung, trying to find any signal to shut his mouth, but finding none.

So he opened his mouth and explained everything.