Chapter 4-secrets

Fanellape's POV:

Oh. My. God

I stared at my brother, suspense filling room as he looked down on the matress and opened his mouth. Then suddenly he began to whisper words... ACTUAL FREAKING WORDS! from under his breath, but however they were too soft for me to hear, but even so that got me hella exited! Who thought I'd actually be the first person to hear him speak his first words! Suck on that Dad!

"wh-what was that?" I asked.  Wow... I sounded like Nedimare there... As soon as i asked, Feddie slowly lifted his head up and flinched like... It was the moment he realised... He fucked up. I'm not even sorry for that.

I raised a brow at him, he shook his head rapidly which probably meant 'nothing. '. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Say something, i know you can talk i heard you whisper something. " I demanded with a serious expression. Freddie looked scared, he looked down again with his lips shaking , his eyes covered by his brown bangs. However I could see a red glowing hue through his bangs... Okay this must be me mistaking orange for red again, But why is it glowing?

I was about to ask him about his eyes when He ran off closing the door on his way out of my room. Now he got me really curious.

'He's hiding something from us. And I'm itching to find out what it is. ' Was the last thing that echoed in my head before going down stairs to set the table.

The next day Freddie still sat on the back seat, not making eye contact with anything or anyone but his shoes. He's become more suspicious now. Like he's somekind of crossword that you thought you've figured out only to find that you're missing a word or two. Today is Family day for the kindergartens, and us High schoolers get a day off because today, the teachers will be celebrating The principal's birthday. (the teachers are taking him out to some Beach party i think?)  and since Mom and Dad are busy, that leaves me : His big sister, to accompany him.

"So how's Nedimare doing?" asked my father in his typical cold voice. I rolled my eyes before answering. "He's doing fine, I guess. "

"But why do you care?" I asked obviously annoyed by his voice, his presence and his face! "You've always hated monsters, and he's half monster so why are you cool with him? " And not cool with us when we're friggin human children!

My father sighed and adjusted the mirror. "His Human mother, is a friend of mine from high school. " he answered casually.  "I owe her a lot. Accepting her hybrid son as a family friend is my way of paying the debt. " Oh, You can be nice to other people but not to your own fucking family! You treat your Highschool friend's son like he's your own but when it came to your own children you throw them out the window! Litteraly!

I should probably calm myself before I turn red from internally ranting.

I looked over to my right to see How my brother is reacting to all this. He was staring at me once again with those weird shiny red eyes...  Okay I don't think this is just my eyes playing tricks on me anymore. But it's not the color that is bothering me right now... It's the fact that he's staring at me with those big dough eyes that looks like it's about to water any minute, Freddie may not seem like he can talk but he can understand our language without a doubt. He must be having the same thoughts as i do but with a different feeling. Instead of being angry and disgusted like I am perhaps he felt sad.

I stare back at him in concern, Then suddenly his eyes returned to its natural color and resumed the staring contest between him and his shoes.

A few minutes passed and the car had already stopped at it's first destination, a small pink building with flower bushes on the left and right of it. A crowd of Small children and their parents enter the building with smiles and yellow balloons tied around their wrists.