Chapter XVII: Apologies

This part may seem a bit sad and reveals a shocking thing about one of the characters. At the end, listen to Stay With Me or Good Thing by Sam Smith to set the mood. Thank you to everyone who votes, comments, and adds my story to their library!

xoxoChrissy.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Mama I'm home!" I yell into the house which must be empty because no one responded.

"Somebody, anybody, everybody scream!" I wait for a scream but still, no one answered.

Shrugging, I walk into the kitchen and grab a green apple and a bottle a water for a snack. I jog up the stairs and enter my room. My phone starts to ring and I look to see who it was. The name, "Trav" flashed and I tapped the red button with the upside down phone symbol to ignore it. I call my mother instead to see where she and dad was and she told me that they were at the grocery store and then are going to go check out a movie at the theatre. Then, there was a knock on my door and a text from Travis.

Travis: I just want to apologize.

Rocky: Go away.

Travis: Rocky, please just open the door. I don't have to come in just let me apologize for last night.

I sigh and decide to allow for him to apologize. Walking down the stairs, a loud bang comes from the door and I yell, "I'm coming! Geez."

Before I open the door, I glance down at my appearance to make sure that I wasn't wearing something too revealing. Although, he still would find a way to make me feel like I was completely naked, like the other night of course. I have on a black pair of Softee shorts and a blue crop top, but it doesn't show too much of my stomach and then some black flip flops. This is fine I guess.

My hand reaches for the lock on the knob and then I twist it. As I open the door, Travis is standing on the other side with one hand shoved into his shorts' pocket and the other tousling with his beautiful black hair.

"Hi," he says finally.

"Hi," I respond as I lean on the frame of the door. "Welcome to the Ambrose residence. How may I help you?"

"May I come in?"

"What the hell? You just texted me not too long ago and told me that I don't have to invite you in and that you just wanted to apologize. So, apologize."

He starts to smile and my stomach turns. This cannot be good.

"C'mon Rocky. You and I both know that that's not what you want."

"Ha. Whatever. Take you and your egotistical ass back home and when you make it, tell Dean to come over. Thanks."

I attempt to close the door, but he stops it with his hand and the force causes for me to stumble back a bit.

"Don't close the door in my face. Ever. That's rude."

"Does it look like I care? Nope."

He takes one swift step into my house and I am furious.

"Travis! Get the hell out! Now." I point towards the door and he rolls his eyes.

"Come here Rocky."

"No! Leave before I do something crazy. The police wouldn't even be needed, just an ambulance."

I think back to the situation with Christopher earlier this summer and I dash into the kitchen in search of a frying pan or something. This may not be the tennis racket that I used on Christopher, but it perform the same job of whooping somebody's ass.