Chapter VI: I love you...Amber?

Dean walks me to the passenger side of his car and opens the door for me. As soon as I’m in, he hops into the driver’s seat and speeds off. Dean turns on the radio and the song ‘Loyal’ comes on. How ironic.

“When a rich nigga want cha, and yo nigga can’t do nothin’ for ya. Ohhhh these girls ain’t loyal!” I sing.

Dean just looks at me and grins. After a few minutes later, I notice that we’re not heading the correct way to Applebee’s.

“You missed the turn,” I tell Dean.

“Nah, we’re not going to Applebee’s. You look too good to eat there tonight,” he says.

What is he doing? Where is he taking me? A whole bunch of things start to run through my mind. Will he take me for ransom? This is like one of these Criminal Minds episodes. I should’ve taken my mom’s pink taser just in case he tried something funny. We pull up into Red Lobster’s parking area and Dean comes around to open the door for me.

“Dean,” I start. “This is way too expensive for the first date!”

“For you Rocky, it’s priceless.”

Man, this dude really knows how to make me feel good. Once we were seated, the waiter brings us our drinks. I decide to start a conversation.

“Thank you so much Dean. I mean, Red Lobster on the first date? That’s pretty…”

“I’m trying to impress you...and your dad. I don’t need to be on his bad side.”

Dean reaches for my hand across the table and I place mine is his.

“Rocky,” he says, “From the first day I saw you, you were on my mind since then. That moment we had at the party and in the pool was like none other. I know things were starting to heat up last night in my room, but I wanted to prove to you that I’m not just about getting into your pants. I’m about a real relationship. I don’t care what people have to say about us if it’s positive or negative.”

Well damn. I’m honestly speechless. Think Rocky, think.

“Wow Dean. I’m glad you feel that way about me because I feel the same exact way. After the party, I honestly couldn’t stop thinking about you either. When you asked me out for this date, I was more than excited and happy.”

The waiter brings us our drinks, we order our food.

“Order whatever you want Rocky,” Dean says.

I ended up ordering a lobster tail with some rice and vegetables. To be honest, I tried not to order anything too expensive even though this is Red Lobster. Looking up, I see Dean looking at me.

“What?” I ask.

“Nothing. I just love looking at a beautiful girl,” he answers.

I smile and briefly brush my foot up against his leg. He’s really tempting me. Just looking at him makes me fill with lust. After about an hour, we we’re done and asked for take out boxes. Heading to the car, Dean puts his arm around my waist and pulls me closer.