Chapter XV: Country Carbon Copy

This is a pic of Nicole! I can't believe we're halfway into the story. Enjoy this chapter!

------------------------------------------------------

Dean's POV*

As soon as those words left her mouth, my heart suddenly dropped.

"What about?" I ask.

"Us," she says.

I automatically glance at her and then back at the rode.

"We're not breaking up..."

Relief.

"...we just need to discuss a few things," she continues.

"Alright. Let's talk over dinner okay?" I tell her. She nods and I turn the radio on. Often by The Weeknd starts to play and I start to sing the chorus.

After about 15 minutes, we're in the parking lot of Applebee's. I park behind the restaurant and hop out in order to open Rocky's door. I grab her hand and help her out.

"You look beautiful tonight by the way," I compliment her.

"Thank you."

We begin walking to the front of the restaurant and I grab her hand. There was a five to ten minute wait because it was really packed. Soon, we were seated in our booth and ordered an appetizer.

"Okay, I'm all ears," I say breaking the silence.

"I feel as if there is not enough trust in the relationship," she blurts out.

"What? I trust you. You must not trust me." I'm shocked.

"No! I do. I just feel like there are some things, or secrets, that we haven't really told each other. Are you comfortable with telling me certain things in your past? This way, we will have a better understanding of one another."

"Of course I am. At first, I thought it was to early in the relationship to talk about...those things." I have an automatic flashback to the events that have scarred me and cringe.

"What should we start with first? Family? Goals in life?" I ask.

"Goals are a good start. I'll go first. You already know that I want to attend Monroe College in New York. Of course I have my back up colleges, but that is my first choice. Uh, I want to major in the arts like theatre. Hopefully be on Broadway since I love to dance and sing a little."

"You sing?"

"Just a little. Also, I would like to begin my own dance studio and go on tour with a famous singer and be a backup dancer."

She stops and looks at me. I just smile at her because I love hearing her talking about her future.

"I know I sound crazy. The dance studio sounds more realistic than the other."

"No, not at all. As long as you set your mind to what you want to do and stay determined, you can make anything possible Rocky."

"You're too cute. Anyway, what about you?"

"Well, I would like to become a doctor. My dad wants for me to become some football star, but its not really for me. I love football don't get me wrong, but the chances of getting into the NFL are really slim."

"You'd be a fine ass doctor. I would come for a check up every week."

"I already gave you one. The other night remember?"

She starts to smile and say, "I don't recall. *Stevie J face*"

"Oh you don't? You were sitting on my face."

An elderly woman sitting in the booth behind us glances back over Rocky's head and I give her a wink. She just huffs and turns back around. Rocky's gives me a light kick under the table and tells me to stop. I pull out my phone seeing that I received a text from Travis asking for a ride home from the party. I just ignore it.