Chapter I (Part II): Summer in T-7hrs

Once we received our free donuts and then our Starbucks coffee, we headed to school and I, lucky me, was able to park in one of the closest spots at the school. School starts for 8:00 am and we arrived around 7:45.

"Come on Rocky I'm ready to get this day over with!" Nicki exclaims.

"Go on without me I'll meet you in homeroom. I had to get something really quick," I answer back.

"Kk."

By the way, Nicki always "talk in text", never full words. I went into the trunk of my car to get the birthday gift I bought for Jesiah. He's finally legal. All of a sudden, he thinks that just because he can vote and have no "curfew", he's on top of the world.

"I hope he loves it. He's been asking for this for a while."

Jesiah has been asking for this shirt from Pacsun for a while now. It costs friggin' 35 bucks! I think I know what you're saying. 'It's only $35. It's just Pacsun.' Well, I don't even spend that much money on a t-shirt for myself, especially from Pacsun. I get all of my clothes from Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, and Charming Charlies. Anyway, I shut the trunk and walk back around to the driver's side just to make sure that I locked my car.

***

Ring. Ring. Ring. It's time for lunch and I finally get to see Jesiah and give him his gift.

I see him walking into the cafeteria and quickly do an awkward walk-run in order to catch up with him.

"Jesiah! Jesiah! Come here!" I call out.

"Oh what's up Rock."

I start to sing the Happy Birthday song and his face starts to blush. He begins to put his hand over my mouth to shut me up.

"Shhh. Please don't," he pleas.

"Sorry. But Happy 18th Birthday J! Here's what you've been asking for for the longest."

I pass over the gift to him and he opens the bag and starts to search through the red paper until he reaches to the bottom. His eyes pops out of his eyes and a huge Cheshire the Cat smile appears on his face. He lunges out at me and hugs me in a really huge bear hug.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" he cries.

"C-can't breathe," I try to spit out.

"Sorry Rock."

"It's cool. But you're welcome. I wanted to get it for you because every time we would go to the mall, you HAD to stop at Pacsun and you would always go straight to this shirt and say 'Someday, I'm gonna buy that shirt.' As if your life depended on it."

"Wow Rock. This is definitely on my top gift list. I brought you, Nicole, and I pizza. My mom baked me a cake last night just for school and made me bring it to school." A face of annoyance came over him.

"Aww I love your mom. She's really sweet."

"Oh yeah how's Mrs. Ambrose doing? I heard that she's back on chemo."

"She's doing fine. I, uh, don't think--"

"JESIAHHH! MY BABY IS NOW LEGAL," a loud shout comes from down the hall.

Nicole. She's the loud one in the group if you haven't noticed yet. She ran down the hall and literally jumped into Jesiah's arms causing him to drop his gift from me. No problem. I just bended over to pick it up and suddenly feel hands on my hips. I automatically jump straight up and look at the side of me.

"I'm sorry. My friend pushed me into you by accident," a guy with the prettiest eyes that I have ever seen says. Please, just give me two point three seconds to describe him. He's like a mixture of Dave Franco, Channing Tatum, and Ian Somehalder. *Insert heart eyes here*. His build is muscular but not too muscular as if he spends his all his days at the gym.