Teen Fiction Honorable Mention- mouseymouse144

mouseymouse144 The Silence between Us

Title (5) 5

The title sits wonderfully well with the plot. It's rather contradictory. Although there's a speech barrier, it doesn't hinder the MC's interactions. That's what makes it unique.

Blurb (10) 6

The blurb is missing something that hooks a reader at first glance. It doesn't do the plot enough justice. It would be great if the author polishes it up so that reader's couldn't resist turning the page.

Cover (5) 2

I believe that the writing material is present to indicate how they communicate. Other than that, the cover doesn't stand out. Also, it would be better to center align the title.

Plot (20) 17

The plot flows at a balanced pace. The chapters further the plot. It is an eye opener since it is developed around a mute individual.

Characterization (20) 17

The characters were properly represented. They were realistic and I couldn't help but empathize with them. Physical attributes weren't properly mentioned. However, the author was successful in conveying proper emotions. Elliot in particular, shone as a supportive buddy.

Creativity / Originality (10) 9

The characters and setting/plot were not common or cliche. There was a proper interpretation of what people think of the differently abled and the perception of the disabled themselves. It was very realistic.

Spelling and grammar (15) 12

There were no spelling mistakes. However, certain grammatical errors at some points caused confusion. A proper edit will do the story wonders. Italicisation was properly employed.

Enjoyability (5) 4

I really enjoyed this story. The part 'What would Via say?' was a personal favorite. I was forced to stop at a cliffhanger. Can't wait to read on and see how the story develops.

Literary devices (5) 2

Other than a few similies, I couldn't spot any literary devices. They would certainly make the story much more outstanding, if properly used.

Description (5) 3

Mixed thoughts. Although the characters were brought to life, the setting descriptions were vague.

Total (100) 77