All Grown Up

It has been a four moons since I had Lilypad and it is finally time for her apprentice ceremony! I started grooming her wildly trying to get every speck of dirt, leaves, twigs, and dust out of her fur. She kept pulling away and insisting that she could do it herself.

"Let all wolves and pups gather around the meeting area for one of the most important ceremonies!" I heard MoonLight howl. But at that moment Lilypad froze, "Sweetie, you'll be fine. I was nervous at my apprentice ceremony too." She looked at me bewildered and asked, "Really?" "Of course I was, and you know how I told you that when I was in RiverPack and there were at least 30 wolves there?" She nodded, "We had this huge rock and I had to stand on it and then they announced my new name. It was the scariest thing I've ever done...but I survived and so will you!You'll do fine I promise!" I gave her one last lick on the head and started ushering her to the rest of the pack.

I sat and watching LilyPad become an apprentice and I stared at her with love filling my eyes. She would be a great warrior. She already had strong legs, she was going to be fast that's for sure. "Storm will be the mentor for this apprentice," I hear MoonLight howl, "Teach her all you know, she will be a great warrior with you teaching her." We all started howling her name and I saw Moon staring at Storm with love and pride filling her eyes. LilyPad must've noticed it too because she was looking at her with her ears perked up with a curious look on her face.

Its been a week since LilyPad became an apprentice and she's already doing an amazing job. I was laying in there sun near Dream and Deer and I heard her whispering, "LilyPad told me that Moon and Storm have secretly become mates, she's apparently been telling everyone this, do you think it's true?" "It could be they spend a lot of time together, and they're always walking super close whenever the walk beside each other." "I think it might be true, maybe I could ask Moon later, if so we could announce our mating at the same time as them, if not we need to announce it tonight we feeding." He nodded thoughtfully and I slowly drifted into sleep not fully comprehending what they had just said.

I woke up to see Moon poking me in the side. "What do you need?" I grumbled. "I need help with something, I wanna trim my fur with some thorn bushes but I need help so that I don't poke myself." I stood up and decided to go and help her. I could tell this would take a while but I was glad that she wasn't embarrassed about her wings anymore. I smiled to my self as I started following her to the closest thorn bushes.