The Add-on

As I'm on my way to meet MoonPad at the river like usual, I'm thinking about how I can tell him about PawPad coming with us to run away. I reach the river edge and see Moon sitting at the edge of the river, is this distress shining in his eyes, but why? I jump into the river to swim to the other side. As I jump out I touch noses with him. I then step back and shake out my fur. I sit beside him and stare at the ground, and finally after a minute I manage the courage to mumble, "I want to bring PawPad, I can't leave her...," I then look up and stare into his eyes, "Please! I CAN'T LEAVE HER!!!" I say loudly. I then look across the river and shout her name. As she steps out of a bush, Moon's eyes cloud with relief, he then turned around and shouted, "SkyCloud, please come out now!" A young wolf stepped out from behind a tree, he looked like he had just become warrior. PawPad turned back around and said, "She can come only if he can." I instantly agreed and licked his ear affectionately. "Well, me and PawPad need to get rest we are gong on our quest to become warriors tomorrow, Goodbye, I'll see you soon," I whispered as I jumped into the river to swim back to my territory.

* * * * * *

I wake up the most excited I've ever been, "I CAN'T mess this up!" I thought to myself. Me and PawPad walked to my fathers den to see what we needed to do first. "Hello girls, here is what you must do...Two wolves are waiting by the old oak, you will go and meet them there, I will go with you but I will not be helping, there with be no claws or teeth. Got it?" he told us quickly. We both nodded vigorously. We then set out to go. "I wonder what our warrior names will be," I whisper to PawPad. "We'll have to wait and see," she replied. I groaned, she was always more patient than me. We continued walking in silence as I was making up names in my head. NightFall, NightSky, NightClaw, and NightStar. I liked NightFall and NightStar the best, but as PawPad said I just have to wait and see what my dad names me.

I was standing face to face with one of the strongest warriors in RiverPack, My mother. "Don't take it easy on your lil' ol' pup!" I growl to her teasingly before I lunged towards her. I landed square on her back before she could move. I forced all my weight onto her bum with my front paws; making her fall backwards. I then leaped off and raked my claws on her fur, but if she were a real enemy I would've sunk my claws into her skin. As I was thinking, she lunged at me and had me pinned to the ground. She then growled, "I would never take it easy on such a strong pup, did you just come out of the nursery?" I felt my skin burn with embarrassment, my mother was making fun of my small size?! I growled and shoved her off of my shoulders with my back legs. I then jumped on top her before she could get up. I bite off some of the hairs from her neck; as if I had just sunk my teeth into her neck. I step back and turn to my father. I was panting as my mother came beside me and whispered, "Great job, Your enemy will try to provoke you as I had done, make sure you use that angry to fuel your attacks."

"The next test is hunting, you must catch as much prey as you can before the sun is right above us, and you may choose where you hunt, but remember me and RiverFur," that's my mom, "will be watching you, so keep that in mind." We then ran to where we wanted to hunt, I was best at fishing so I ran straight to the river.

* * * * * *

Before long I had caught three fish and was heading back to the giant tree, I had seen MoonPad fighting his father near the river, maybe he was earning his warrior name too. When I got there nobody had arrived yet so I decided to hunt for a fawn or a doe if I got lucky. I hid my fish in the roots of a tree and started following the scent trail of a single doe. After about a few minutes a finally saw the doe, it was young but it wasn't a fawn. I started creeping up on it when it suddenly jerked its head up. I lunged so it couldn't get away, but it ran just in time. When I landed I growled to my self and looked around for what disturbed it. I turn around and see a buck standing behind me.

I gulp and just stood still, I couldn't move I was so scared. The buck lowered its head for some reason I could understand what it mumbled to me. He then ran off, and what he said was ringing in my head, "You must leave this forest as fast as you can before you lose—," he trailed off at the last part because my father had started running up to me in worry of being hurt. I hadn't been harmed but I was very shocked. Before I lose what...? Me and my father started walking back to the giant tree and met up with PawPad and my mother on the way there. When we reached the tree I grabbed my fish and shown my father what I'd caught. PawPad has caught a fawn and squirrel. We cared all of our prey back to the cave, I will have to wait until MoonHigh to find out if I'd passed my tests or not.

* * * * * *

My father jumped onto the TallRock and everyone gathered around, "I would like to announce our two new warriors, PawPad and NightPad would you please step forward?," he howled. "PawPad from this day forward until retirement or death you shall be known as PawStep," he turned to me, "NightPad from this day forward until retirement or death you shall be known as NightSky." Everyone starting cheering our names, but I was just counting down the time till I could run away.