Chapter Thirty

Two days after the ball and Alicia was still sore from what occurred that night. She didn't think that after Emilie gave her the ring, she would still issue punishments for her behavior; she snuggled into the thick blanket; it was 7 am on Christmas morning; she had gotten little to no sleep during the night and knew that Amia was excited for today and she needed to get at least three cups of coffee in before she dealt with her daughter's Christmas craze. She stretches and yawns. The ache between her thighs brought back memories of that night.

Alicia sat at the bar and took a sip of her drink. Everyone had left her and was somewhere in the venue last she heard her daughter was somewhere excited to ride a toy train with her Aunt Ariel and Uncle Eli. Sanna hadn't given up on finding a billionaire for her and was in the crowd searching to find one. Emilie pulled into a conversation with other rich people and Alicia got bored and went to sit at the bar.

"Funny seeing you here." Alicia looked over at the person sitting next to her. She almost drooled at how handsome he was. He shouldn't have been that handsome. His voice reminded Alicia of smooth dark chocolate it almost made her swoon.

Alicia turns to him and crosses her legs. "What do you mean?"

He chuckled and smiled at her, showing off his perfectly beautiful teeth. "You don't look like that type of girl who likes this kind of event."

"Not really, but the decor is very gorgeous. Love how the Ferlas did it." Alicia sips her drink. "It's not my thing, but the person who invited me needed a plus one and I said why not?"

The stranger moves closer to her and places a hand on her knee. "As gorgeous as you, right?"

At that ready moment, Emilie had been looking for her and see her leaning against the man she came to know was Charles, a very well-known billionaire. He was rich but not as rich as Emilie. He was very handsome and had a problem with touching things that didn't belong to him. If you asked Emilie, she would admit that he was handsome, but she was richer and drop-dead gorgeous. Alicia had gotten off balance and goes to fall when Charles brought her into his arms. They stared at each other for a bit before he leaned in for a kiss. Charles looked at her the way Emilie always did. It made her feel. Warm, or was it just the alcohol?

Alicia turned her head, and his kiss fell onto her neck. She saw Emilie matching over to them with fire blazing in her eyes.

"Alicia, what are you doing?" Emilie folded her arms. "Why are you so close to him?"

Alicia pushed Charles away and smoothes out her dress, "It's nothing, Emilie, we were just talking."

"Ahh, you're Emilie Ferla, I'm Charles, "He stretches his hand out for her to shake, "It's nice to finally meet you." Charles realizes that Emilie wasn't going to shake his hand he places it behind Alicia's back.

"Boss, is everything okay?" Jeff appeared, asking.

"Charles, I don't appreciate your hands on my girlfriend."

"Oh." He looks over to Alicia. "I'm sorry. She didn't tell say that she was here with someone else."

Emilie turned to Jeff, "Please escort Mr. Charles out of my event please, because everyone knew that she came with me, you wanted something that didn't belong to you." she yanked Alicia over to her, "Please escort him out."

Alicia knew she was in trouble but didn't think Emilie would go far. She could easily blame what happened to alcohol, but she knew Emilie was angry with her. They enter a private office and Emilie locked the door.

"So you didn't tell him that I was your girlfriend?"

"No, it didn't come up, but I did tell him I was here with someone else."