Chapter Twenty Nine

The ball had finally reached around, and Alicia stood in front of the mirror adjusting her dress. The winter ball was the talk of the city. It was the event of a lifetime. Alicia had spent the day being pampered and didn't have to lift a finger. Emilie made her feel like a princess.

"You look wonderful, I outdid myself." Johnathan pats himself on the back.

Alicia chuckled and slipped her heel on. "You did. I feel like a real-life princess." She smiled at him.

"A princess, you are, honey. I have something for you." Jhonathan walked away and came back with a box on top of it had a hard.

"What is it?" Alicia takes the box and reads the card, "Every princess deserves the most beautiful jewels in the land, Emilie."

Alicia looked at Johnathan, who gave her an encouraging nod to open the box. She opened it, her eyes filled with tears. It was a silver tiara filled with white diamonds and a blue stone in the middle. It sparkled and Alicia swore the sparkles were made out of little specs of diamonds.

"Wow." Johnathan gasps.

"Wow indeed, this must be from the new collection. I haven't seen it yet, but if this is what it looks like, I'm sure it's beautiful." Alicia runs her finger over it.

"Give here, Let's put it on." Johnathan hands the tiara to one of his workers, "Now you're a princess fit for the ball."

"Don't you want to take off the collar, ma'am?" The worker asked.

"No, the collar stays on." Alicia looked over at her. "It always stays on."

The doors open and Samantha walks in with her head stuck in a tablet. "You have twenty seconds before we leave." She looks up, "Wow, you look beautiful.

"I know. She looks fabulous." Johnathan squeals, "You are going to the best-looking one there tonight, dear."

"You did a good job, Johnathan. Come on, Ali, the car is outside and we need to leave, so you get some photos from the media," Samantha calls someone to help her down the stairs.

Emilie stood at the bottom of the stairs of the event hall, waiting for Alicia to give her speech. She was dressed in a white pants suit, her hair was pulled into a tight ponytail and beach curls at the end, she requested natural makeup to make her eyes stand out more, her shoe matched Alicia, and she had on simple white and blue jewelry to tie the look together.

Emilie knew she looked good. Nobody had to tell her, but she was nervous, her palms sweat and she wanted to rub it on her pants. She fiddle with the box in her hand and stared at everyone who waited for her to say something. Samantha walked over to her and handed over the mic.

Emily walked down to the bottom of the stairs waiting for Alison in her all-white pants suit, her hair in a tight ponytail beach curls at the end, natural makeup to make her brown eyes stand out, and white heels, all white and blue diamond jewelry she looked good.

"Good evening everyone, thank you for coming today. The new launch of the Christmas theme diamonds from Ferla Inc. Today we are launching thirty-five new unique pieces of diamonds, a mix of blue and white, and we even have some pieces created for the children. My team and I have spent long hard hours creating this and we hope you will love them. We have a variety of activities in the building for you and your family and different entertainment during the night. We have an open and food. Please enjoy your night on behalf of everyone at Ferla." Emilie hands over the mic to Samantha.

"Boss, she's here, and the doors are about to open."

Emilie looked up at the door. She could hear the place buzzing as Alicia walked down the stairs in her gown. Emilie was sure she was the best dress person here tonight. She grinned brightly and puts her hand put her hand out for Alicia.