Chapter 9

Calum's POV

Friday, Jan. 11th @1:37pm

Classes today are taking forever, the only thing getting me through the day is knowing that I will be picking up Anna at 5 for our date. 

Anna wore her new outfit today and she looks amazing in it. It is the simplest outfit and I think that's why I like it so much. She really doesn't care about other people's opinions of her. She wears and does what she wants no matter what. 

Lunch today was a little bit weird for me because her and Gracie talked about Anna's 'date with the dude from chem' which is technically me. It was weird only because Anna made it sound uninteresting and like she wasn't really excited for it, to put on an act for Gracie. Then we talked about it in study hall and she told me how she felt horrible because she couldn't show exactly how excited she was. 

The past few days me and Anna haven't seen each other alone since Sunday. We have been with the rest of our friends so tonight is going to be special and perfect. I plan on taking her to a small diner, nothing fancy it's really just to spend time together. It's also in the town over from ours where none of our friends should be so we won't get caught. 

The bell finally rings, I gather my things and shove them in my bookbag. 

----

3:45

I'm laying in my bed, wearing a plain white fitted t-shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans, patiently waiting for 4:50 so I can leave to go get Anna. I don't know why I said 5. I should've just took her to school and then we could have started our date right after. I'm an idiot who blurts out words before thinking them through. 

The time drags on but I finally text Anna and ask her if she's ready, which she responds with yes. Last time I was already at her house when I asked her, but it's 4:30 I grab my keys and make the drive to her house. 

I pull into her driveway and get out of the car to meet her on the porch. I am about to knock on the door when it swings wide open. 

"When you texted me I already thought you were here," she says a little irritated. 

"Yeah, I know I didn't know how long you needed to get ready, so I texted before I left this time." I knew she would react this way. 

"Cal I wore this outfit to school, you know I was ready," she says her mood lightening up. 

"So shall we go?" I ask her. She grabs my hand and drags me back to my car. I take that as a yes and start the drive to the diner. 

"Cal?" she asks me. "Yes?" I respond. 

"Why are we in the middle of nowhere?" 

"I'm taking you to a little diner, a place where we shouldn't see any of our friends," I state. 

She smiles and looks back out the window. We arrive in the town over from ours, there is the diner where we are going to have dinner, and there are a few shops located around it. It's small, cozy and welcoming. We sit in the back corner booth. We start a conversation about what movies we plan on watching once we get back to my house, then a server comes over and takes our order. After we order I take a deep breath. 

Okay...this is it...you got this...

I take both her hands in mine, which gets her attention. Her green eyes stare directly into mine. Her face has a bright smile on it. I clear my throat and say confidently, 

"Anna this might be too early to ask you, but I can't wait any longer. We've known each other for so long and I well, really like you...and was wondering if you would like to be my girlfriend?"

She looks shocked...surprised...does she not want to...I. Her grip tightens on my hands. She leans in to give my lips a quick peck. I probably had a terrified nervous expression on my face, which then turned into a grin.

"Yes Calum." 

I exhale the breath I didn't know I was holding. My nerves disappear for the rest of the date at the diner. Once I finished paying we were on our way to my house. 

We got back to my house and my sister, Mali, is actually home for once, so of course she steals Anna for about 20 minutes before she makes it to my bedroom. 

"It's our first night as a actual couple and of course Mali was here to talk your head off."

"Oh Cal, it was 20 minutes." she says.

While she was talking to my sister I changed my clothes and put a movie in the dvd player. She takes the sweatpants that she wore almost a week ago and puts them on. I am pouting on the bed, and click play on the remote to start the movie. 

"Don't pout, come on Cal,"she says sitting on the bed next to me. 

I am still pouting which causes her to kiss my cheek, then the corner of my lips, which causes a slight smile to creep onto my face, and then she planted a small kiss on my lips. I kissed her back before she pulled away to rest her head in the crook of my neck. She wrapped her arms around my waist tightly, like she didn't want to let go, and we stayed that way for the rest of the night. 

----

short chapter my bad 

im sorry if the beginning was really boring i don't really like the beginning but i didn't want to just start with the date bc i didn't feel it would be a good start so the part b4 the date was just a filler with calum thoughts 

actually im sorry that this whole ch. is boring 

but i hope you liked the date and the ch. in general more than i did writing it

eeekkk he asked her to be his girlfriend so exciting!!!!!! finallyyyyy

-lex