42. Silver Spoon

~1 years later

Yoongi grew accustomed to waking with Jimin beside him. A warm body curled into his chest, soft breathing and subtle murmurs. It was easier opening his eyes to the morning sunlight when it spilled onto Jimin’s relaxed features, shimmering across his vibrant hair. It was a comfort Yoongi had never known he could need.

Yoongi was roused by Jimin’s voice emanating from the living room one day, tone hushed softly humming and footsteps light across the kitchen floor. He rubbed sleep from his eyes and stiffly pushed the blankets back. He left the bedroom to find Jimin standing in the doorway of the open refrigerator.

“Good Morning” Yoongi said once he’d back hugged him. Jimin was startled slightly, and he whipped around to face Yoongi.

“God, how do you move so quietly? And Good Morning”

“When are you going to studio?” Yoongi asked, leaning heavily against the countertop. Hoseok had already begun the initial work for his dance studio. He’d rented a space in the city. He asked Jimin early on if he wanted to work as one of his instructors. Jimin was overjoyed, to put it simply, and started practicing immediately. If that job worked out, he was planning on pursuing this. Yoongi couldn’t be happier for him and Hoseok.

“From tomorrow,” Jimin sighed. “I’m so excited, really. It feels so good to be dancing. I mean, it aches like a bitch right now, but that comes with the work.”

Yoongi hummed his affirmation, and they both stared at the open refrigerator. “Ah, I was going to make breakfast,” Jimin explained, placing a hand on his hip in contemplation. “Then I remembered you have no food. I guess we could go grocery shopping today. It’s kinda sad how empty this kitchen is,” he mused.

“You can’t blame me for wanting to live off of hoseok's cooking,” Yoongi said.

“He is going to be married in a few days and he is moving out. You’re going to have to fend for yourself for a while, I’m afraid.”

“I mean, I technically can cook,” Yoongi muttered. “It’s also a lot of work.”

“You are right. But you have to do something for yourself once in a while.” Jimin sighed.

“Wow, that’s deep, Minie,” Yoongi mockingly replied. Jimin rolled his eyes and shut the door, stepping out of the cold air. He was only wearing shorts and a large shirt, one sleeve hanging off his shoulder. “I think you’ve stolen half of my wardrobe by now,” Yoongi noted, realizing belatedly that was indeed his shirt he was searching yesterday.

“Your clothes are comfier than mine,” Jimin stated with a shrug.

“Here’s a thought, buy your own.”

“Hmm, or I could keep sharing yours,” Jimin retorted with a cheeky smirk.

“Annoying brat,” Yoongi lightly mocked.

Your annoying brat,” he echoed. And then they were simply grinning at each other, spirits too high for a late Sunday morning.

“You got me there,” Yoongi murmured. He walked over to settle beside Jimin, happy to bury his nose in the omega’s hair when he cuddled into his side. Jimin was now tilting his head to see yoongi.

“Did you rest well last night?” Yoongi prompted.

“I always do with you,” Jimin stated. He began mouthing at Yoongi’s jawline, plush lips leaving a trail of kisses along his skin. “I used to crawl into Tae’s bed when I had nightmares, y’know. But now I can just roll over and… look at you. That’s enough. You make me feel safer.”

Yoongi cupped the omega’s cheek and raised his face to look him in the eye. “I’m glad,” he said sincerely. He kissed Jimin’s nose, and his breathing faltered when he heard Jimin giggle.

“You’re such a sweetheart.”

“Don’t taint my rude reputation.”

“I wouldn’t dare. I like to think I’m the only one who gets to see this side of you. Makes me feel special.”

“You are special,” Yoongi said instantly. “In so many ways.”

Jimin’s eyes crinkled into lovely crescents, and Yoongi quickly kissed both cheeks.

“Let's mate Minnie. ” yoongi rasped out.

Jimin hummed. But quickly detached himself from the Alpha.

“Are you seriously considering this? ” Jimin said quickly.

Yoongi hummed in response but It devolved into a growl, rumbling low in his throat as Jimin pushed up against him, hands on his thighs and scent suddenly heightened. ‘Yes  Yoongi. Let's mate. ’ Jimin whispered. Yoongi kissed Jimin properly this time, slotting their slips together. The omega was warm and inviting as always. This was another thing that Yoongi had quickly grown accustomed to. Jimin was habit-forming, and Yoongi never rushed to let him go.