Chapter 11

Fingers glided along his scalp. Immediately he shot up right, crawling to the corner of the bed. His heart was slamming in his chest, his eyes wide, the blankets clutched to his upper body.

"Relax baby. I'm not going to rape you."

His breathing became a little calmer as he realized that he wasn't in his cell anymore, even though he still didn't know what to think of the new situation.

"You can read my thoughts now too?" he asked, lowering the blankets.

"I'm more than two hundred years old. I've got some people skills."

Two hundred years... Sighing, he rubbed his tired eyes, not knowing what to feel. On the one hand he was grateful for the second chance; one day he would hold Abigail in his arms again, and he would meet his son or daughter. He was going to be a father – and at the same time he knew that he was a monster, bound to this crazy woman. "So what... are we immortal?"

"Nearly. As long as nobody pierces your heart with a wooden stake or simply rips it out of your chest, you'll be fine."

"And then what? Then I'm really dead?"

"Yes. But remember why I kept you alive. For Abigail. Don't try to kill yourself again or I'll bind your free will."

"Great," he grunted. "Can you let me sleep now? I'm exhausted."

"Sleep won't make you feel better. We don't need sleep."

He rolled his eyes. Of course not. Bending his head, he was picking on his fingernails. "My nails are letting loose." Before his death that knowledge would have freaked him out, now it was just an observation. He glanced at her red painted fingernails. "I guess that's not supposed to happen? Or are those of yours fake?"

"Your body needs recovery. I already told you that. Otherwise things will become very unpleasant."

"Right. You wanted me to choose between fucking you and drinking someone else's blood. This is fucking wrong man!"

Scarlett shrugged. "It's all about survival."

"I'm a fucking vegetarian man! And now you want me to become a cannibal?"

"You only need the blood. But you can eat him too if you want. He'll be all yours."

Juice frowned. "What? What are you talking about?"

Scarlett stood up. "Follow me."

Sighing, Juice did what she asked. Taking little steps because he was feeling dizzy, he followed her, already getting out of breath after a few steps. "Not so quick," he muttered.

"You want a kiss? That will give you a boost."

"No!" he answered annoyed, reaching for the wall to support him. "Just walk slower."

They didn't speak as they made their way through the castle, descending more and more stairs until Juice had the feeling they were nearing the center of the earth. There however was a biting cold when he arrived in what turned out to be dungeons.

Juice cursed. "What is this man? You keep people here?"

"Just one at the moment." She lifted the corner of her mouth. "Your little project."

She stood still in front of a cell. In the shadows he could distinguish a man with blonde hair, laying on his side against the furthest wall.

Suddenly his eyes widened and he stared dumbfounded at Scarlett. "Is that Jax?"

"The one and only."

"What the fuck is he doin' here?"

"He's yours. You'll get the most strength by drinking the blood of the people you hate."

"I don't hate him."

"Well you should, Juice," she said in a stern voice. "He treat you like shit. He failed as a president, he ruined the club, sent you to a prison where you were raped for days – and he knew that. How could you not hate him? He is the worst of them all, if he hadn't forced you to kill that girl none of this would have happened. He pushed you to edge, it was always his goal to ruin you."

Juice looked at the man again, who seemed to be unconscious. Something cold crept through his veins. For a moment he closed his eyes, remembering their grunting and moaning as they shoved themselves inside him, making him long for his death.

"Will he turn into a Darkling when I bite him?"

"He might – or he will die. But he will always be the submissive kind, he will always suffer, will always be weak. Only your female victims can grow into something powerful if you share your strength with them. You can control the others, but they'll be more like a slave than an apprentice."

Jax becoming his slave... now that shook up a darkness inside him he had never felt before.

Scarlett answered his dark glance with a smirk. "Only the thought of revenge is filling you with strength. Can you feel it? Imagine how powerful you will be if you dominate all the brothers that have turned their backs on you."

He held her glance. "All of 'em?"

Her lips curled into the most sinister smile he had ever seen. "Almost all of them. Hap will be mine. This time for eternity."

. . . 

Sooo there's some history between Scarlett and Hap, which I will explore in the prequel instead of this story, for the ones interested.  For the people who don't read Taste of Innocent yet; it's a continuing story and not so much a collection of flashback as I intended first. (: