Chapter 5

"Just one last time, sweetheart..."

There were tears in her eyes, but she was still smiling. Her hands were pulling on his pants – and they were rougher than they used to be.

"Come on honey, just a little more love before I'll let you go. Go up on your knees, I don't want to remember you as a corpse."

With those words, the image of Abigail faded. Jolting, he returned to his dark reality. Crawling away, he glared at his cell mate, hatred churning his insides.

"Just finish it," he said. Just a few hours ago he had asked the man to end his life today, like Jax had told him to do, like Abigail's dream had foreseen. He had given him the shive with which the Chinese had wanted him to kill the black haired man, but he knew he would only suffer more if he laid his life in their hands.

"At lunch. Come on, be a good boy. I'll be quick, now and later today."

Juice didn't even know why he was raising protests. This morning wasn't different than any other day. Trying to get away from it, would get him nowhere. Maybe Tully would even keep him a little longer in life, to satisfy his needs.

Swallowing, he closed his eyes and sat down on all fours.

This is nothing new, he told himself. It's over after this. Forever.

It didn't help – when the man's dick was pushed inside him, all his muscles ached. With all his willpower he tried to detach his mind from his body, trying to get lost in memories about Abigail. He tried to picture her loving eyes, her innocent smile – but all he could see where her panicking eyes after a nightmare; her sobs, the desperate way she held him whenever she had dreamed of exactly this moment.

Let me kill you.

Oh, how he wished he had granted her wish. Taking care of the club's business in prison had left him indifferent. The abandonment – the rapes... it hadn't been worth their last respects. He should have listened to her, he should have died in her arms, in the bed in which they had made love so many times, instead of on the cold prison floor, his rapist as his only company.

With a grunt, his cell mate spilled his semen in his ass after a few painful thrusts, dragging him out of his thoughts again.

Juice said nothing as he clothed himself, nor did he look at the man. Lunch couldn't come quick enough.

. . .

Once again his thumb stroked his neck. There was an annoying sensation there; it hurt and itched at the same time, but all he felt was his smooth skin. He thought back about tonight's dream. It had been weird – there however was no way the two things could have been connected. With an uneasy feeling he thought about Scarlett, and from her his thoughts automatically turned to Abigail. Had he been right? Was she really letting him go? He should be glad about it, but it hurt. Her mind was probably the only one carrying good memories about him.

Would he call her? Hear her voice one last time? Would it hurt her more, or would it give her peace, knowing that his suffering was over? Would she be relieved to know that she had given him strength? He hadn't called anyone since he was here, he assumed he had a right on it.

Fifteen minutes later he was pressing the phone against his ear. His heart bounced heavily in his chest. Would she pick up? What if –

A click sounded, followed by her name.

Although her voice sounded monotone, it was the best thing he had heard since he was here. Before he knew it, tears were running down his cheeks.

"Juice?" she whispered as she heard his sobs. "Is that you?"

His heart ached as he heard both the despair and the hope in her voice.

"I'm scared."

Internally cursing, he closed his eyes. Of all the things that raced through his head, this was the thought he said out loud? He had wanted to give her peace – now he was doing the opposite.

"Don't be scared," she answered, her voice more stable than his. She was so strong – she had always been so strong... "You have a good heart. God knows that."

"I – I don't think there's a god anymore," he muttered, wiping his eyes.

"There is. And He loves you. He wants you to come home, so you can wait for me."

Leaning against the wall, he closed his eyes, trying to stop the tears. "I love you," he muttered. "Never – never forget that."

"Of course not." There was a short silence. Juice swallowed – he didn't want this call to end. "I'm pregnant, Juice."

The phone dropped out of his hand. It bounced up and down the cord, and clumsily he picked it up. "W-what?" he stammered, feeling a new tightness in his chest.

"Your goodbye gift, that morning before you went in," she said quietly.

"Oh god..." He grabbed his head, feeling dizzy. "And you will be all alone..."

"I'm fine," she assured him. "I'm raised by one parent, I will be fine. It's... it's a great gift, a last consolation. You will be with me, Juice. Every day of my life. He or she will be your legacy and I will talk its ears off about you. I will tell everything to our little one – how I found you, with your knees up in shit and toilet paper..." She laughed softly – a sad laugh, but he knew she was smiling.

"Up to my ankles," he corrected her, feeling his own lips curling up at the memory. His fingers ran across his scalp and rested upon the ink that was there because of her. "Just don't tell him about the way I tried to get you in bed."

She chuckled. "I'm sure it will be a good lesson."

He smiled too, wiping a few tears from his cheeks. The smile however died when the guard signalled that his time was up. He nodded and took a deep breath.

"I gotta go," he said quietly. "Just know that you're the best thing that ever happened to me. I love you – you and that little one growing inside you."

He wanted to say so much more; but his throat was just blocked with grief.

"Don't be scared," she said. "The worst is over. I love you, Juice. I will always love you and I will learn our child what a great father you would have been."

"Thank you," he whispered. "Thank you for loving me. For being there for me when everyone else has cast me out."

"Loving you has always been easy." He heard that she was crying again, and helplessly he clung to the phone. "Goodbye, my love. I'm proud of you. The little one and I will always be proud of you."

After these words, the line went dead. 

And just a few hours later, the line wasn't the only thing that had died. 

. . .

Hey all! I've decided to write a prequel for this story because I'd like to share the coming together of Juice and Abigail with you, but I don't want to fill this story with flashbacks. In case anyone's interested: it's called "Taste of Innocence" (: