Chapter Twenty Seven

I sat on the edge of the table as he got into the wild stories of Christian and his high school life. He looked at me with a worried look and sighed. "Okay just know all of this happened last year okay? This was all before you. Everything Leah." I nodded. I'm not the one to judge anyone on their past. Especially when it happened before I was even in the picture.
"Trust me Damon, I won't judge. Probably not too harshly?" I say laughing. He rolls his eyes and pulls up a chair. "Okay so, I met Christian sophomore year. He was always outgoing, and fun to be around. He was always good with the girls, like me." He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes. "Continue."

He sighs. "Okay, So sophomore year was when everyone met. We were all in this little group. No one bothered to mess with us. We were all the same, smooth with the girls, never into them though. They were like our own little play toys." Sick to my stomach I lower my head. He places his hand onto my shoulder in comfort. "Leah, trust me it's not like that anymore. Especially with you." I smile slightly and put my head up making eye contact with him. "Are there any positive things?" He shrugs. "You gotta get to the bad before the good." I nod.

"Basically all the girls threw themselves at us. Christian was never into relationships until Madison. Somehow he saw something different in her that none of us saw. Minus all his dick behavior towards Madison, he cared." I gagged. "Okay, I really don't want to hear the origin story of how Christian and Madison got together. It's quite disgusting don't you think?" He chuckles lightly and shakes his head.

"I wouldn't necessarily call their relationship love Leah. They were literally train wrecks." I raised my eyebrow and looked at Damon. Now I'm listening. "She was impulsive, and stupid. She didn't know a thing about a relationship. She was a whore who tried to throw herself at all of us." Now I'm officially confused. "And why did Christian bother to stay with her? It makes no sense." He shrugs.

"Minus all of that, he actually liked her. She was there for him when his parents got divorced and his dad left. Despite all of Madison's ways, she cared." I rolled my eyes. "How could you care for someone but do all these horrible things? I don't get it." He nods.

"Confusing, I know. But Christian got bored of her and ended things. After a while they messed around but it was only that." The words. "He got bored if her" really hit me. I begin to think of all the worse case scenarios when it seems like our spark between the two of us leaves. I lower my head. "Do you think he'll get bored with me?" Damon steps back and shakes his head, stepping forward to me and bending down, forcing me to look at him.

"Leah you're something different to him okay? You're not a play toy or a game to him. Trust me, I've never seen Christian so hyped about any girl. Except you." I nod and push my hair behind my ear, still with my head down. "You can continue." He nods.

"Well, we were all terrible guys. We need a lot of terrible things Leah. Some of us may not have completed the tasks, but being bystanders of it all and cheering on our friends makes us just as guilty." I'm curious about what bad things he means. Is it the thing that's so bad that no one wants to tell me? I need to know now. Not because I want to, but because I'd like to not have to worry about this any longer. What was so bad that Nathaniel, and Christian did that they keep holding against each other?

"I suppose you won't tell me those really terrible things?" He sighs as I raise my head looking at him. "You know I can't tell you. If Christian doesn't kill me, Nathaniel sure as hell will. That's not what I'm worried about though." I roll my eyes.

"Then what are you more worried about?" I say. He looks into my eyes. "You Leah, you." I groan. "I'm so tired of everyone being worried about me. I can take care of myself! I just found out that I'm adopted Damon! What makes everyone so sure that I can't handle anything?" I'm officially offended, and tired of everyone wanting to spare my feelings. I'm freaking nineteen I don't need anyone trying to save me all the damn time.

He places both of his hands on my each of my shoulders and looks at me directly into my eyes. "Leah trust me, I know. You think I like watching everyone treat you like you can't handle yourself? It's pretty annoying." I roll my eyes. "Tell me about it." He sighs. "But."

There's always a But.

"It's better to have people care then don't. Trust me it's the best option." I nod. He's right. Trust me he's beyond right. If you don't have anyone to care, then you'll end up alone. When you die no one will realize it. Believe me, I don't want that. "You know, you're the only one who seems to really understands me." He looks up. "What do you mean?" I shrug.

"You allow me to live. You don't push things." He nods and leans in. "Wanna know why?" I back up a little bit on the counter. I nod slowly. "Because, I don't care what people think." I tilt my head to the side. "And I do?" He nods. "I can see it. You don't want but it's normal for you." I laugh lightly. "Since when were you psychic?" I ask him partially joking. He leans in even more.

"Leah, you and I are somewhat alike. You just don't realize it." I lean over the counter a little bit in his face. "Then tell me." He backs up a little. "You'd rather live your life then worry about everyone around you. Deep inside, you don't give a shit. You don't care what they think. But when you're around those people you love, you're feel like you're forced to care. You hate the fact that you care so much because, it seems like you don't have enough time to care about yourself." He's right, god I hate that he's right.
  "So, are you saying that I care too much?" He nods. "At least about others." I chuckle lightly. "Since when were you an expert on everything?" He lowers his head and smiles. "I guess I just know a lot." He takes a seat next to me as I place my head onto his shoulders in silence. "I'm glad we're friends." He muffles a laugh. "Yeah, me too."

Hey guys quick Authors note! Sorry for my brief absence! I've been doing a lot of testing this week and trust me it's very exhausting so I'm just now getting the chance to write some chapters for the book! I'm getting back on schedule so I hope you guys like this chapter haha. If you guys have any questions, feel free to place them into the comment section, I'm always free to read them xoxo