Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

Seo Woo's house was, to say, very modern. As we entered into the massive house, we were welcomed by a maid. Walking through the hallway, I noticed that the walls were dark coloured with paintings hanging here and there. The hallway led to a lounge. Seo Woo turned towards us.

"You guys can sleep in the guest room. Everything's there already. I had informed the butler beforehand. But if you need anything, I'm just across the hallway," he said.

I nodded.

We climbed up the stairs as Seo Woo led the way down the hall, leading us to a room.

"Here it is. And that -" he gestured towards a room opposite to ours, "- is my room. Have a good sleep."

Saying this, he mock saluted at us and walked towards his room, shutting the door behind him.

I opened the door wide to let Sana enter, and then followed, shutting it behind me. The room was simple. Off-white coloured walls, a king size bed in the middle with tables at both side and a sofa on one side of the room, whereas there was a vanity on the other side.

"I'm so tired. What's the time?" Sana asked, lying down in the bed.

I checked the time in my phone.

"It's 4 am," I answered, shutting off the lights, and slipping into the bed, next to her.

"Good night, Sana," I mumbled, closing my eyes.

No reply. Only the sound of relaxed breathing. She had fallen asleep. I smiled. The poor girl had gone through so much in such a short time, I felt bad for her.

With wishes of Sana's family not being broken, I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

I woke up around 11 am in the morning. The sun was shining so bright, but our room was still dark, except for a few rays of light entering through the gaps between the curtains. I walked into the bathroom, my eyes half opened, still groggy from sleep.

After freshening up, I walked out of the bathroom. Sana was still sleeping. I didn't want to wake her up. She needed sleep more than any of us. Plus she was a beast when someone woke her up from her beauty sleep and I had no intentions of getting murdered by my best friend.

Slowly, shutting the door behind me, I walked down the hall and down the stairs.

Is Seo Woo awake? I wondered.

My stomach was grumbling. I needed food. Walking into the kitchen, I found Seo Woo sitting at one of the stools in front of the kitchen counter, a newspaper in his hand. There was a frown on his face as he was reading. He looked cute.

Newspaper? Interesting.

I fake coughed to get his attention, succeeding. He looked up from the newspaper, the spectacles slipping down the bridge of his nose. His eyes widened and he immediately folded the newspaper. He scrunched up his nose and then removed the glasses.

"Good morning, Seo Woo," I said, sitting on the stool next to his.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" He asked.