Night 4

Ink rubbed her arms against the strange cold of the room.

"Ink?" Blue asked. "Are you ok?" Ink nodded.

"I'm fine," She answered, wandering around the room and picking things up randomly and putting them back down. She spotted Cross across the room, smiling to herself. "What's up with you Cross?" She asked. Cross jumped at the sound of her voice, catching Dream's attention. Dream studied her flushed cheeks and smiled.

"Nightmare kissed her," She said, turning to Cross. "Didn't he?" Cross looked at her shocked.

"How did you... shit," She cursed as she realised she gave herself away. Dream sighed.

"I know that feeling." Her eyes went daydreamy as she thought of other things. The phone rang.

"Hello? Hello? Hi, uh this is my last night on the job. I have, uh, other things to do and, well, they don't like me right now. I may or may not have cut of The Marionette's tentacles and begun a feud between him and, well, the other guy. I'm not supposed to say his name. Anyway, try not to die, there won't be a recording for tomorrow night so you're on your own. If you make it. By-" The phone cut out.

"They're all already out?" Blue said in disbelief.

"Dust?" Cross asked.

"He's already halfway to the door!"

"Shit..." The door closed and everyone turned to Ink.

"Horror's already here," She said to their questioning looks.

"Seriously?" Geno asked. Ink nodded. A squeal from Dream and the closing of her door alerted them to Killer's appearance.

"We're so screwed..."

"We can do this, we can do this," Cross chanted under her breath. Biting her nails she paced the room and looked around as if for some kind of inspiration. "3 am we can do this."

"Cross?" Blue began.

"What!" She snapped. Blue flinched back; Cross sighed. "Sorry Blue. What is it?"

"They're all gone."

"What?" Cross looked at the cameras, Geno right behind her. Ink and Dream checked outside the doors. They looked over at each other then Ink said.

"Horror and Killer are nowhere near the door."

"And Dust hasn't come for us," Blue added.

"Blue, look for them," Cross ordered. Blue flicked through the cameras and shook her head.

"Nowhere." The lights flashed and both doors closed.

"We didn't do that," Dream said, her eyes wide. The speakers flicked on and the girls jumped.

"I'm back~" A voice called through hidden speakers. The girls froze.

"You shouldn't have come back," Nightmare's voice came through the speaker. A tablet linked to a camera appeared in front of them and Kaya's voice came briefly through the speakers.

"Thought you might need some help." The video showed a man cloaked in shadow standing before Nightmare, the front door right behind him. Nightmare's tentacles were raised and pointed at him.

"I came to finish what I began, you thief," The man said.

"Leave him alone," Killer came forth and stood beside Nightmare.

"We'll fight you too." Horror stood next to Killer.

"We're not afraid of you." Dust stood on Nightmare's other side.

"Not anymore." Nightmare finished. Error dropped from the ceiling and stood next to Dust. The man laughed, soft and cruel.

"I killed you before I'll kill you again." Cross's mouth was dry, Blue had a hand to her heart, Ink and Dream were watching intently, Lust sat down on the floor and looked up at the tablet and Geno's gaze kept trailing to the left side of the tablet. Nightmare stabbed his tentacles at his chest just as Error sent his strings to wrap him up. The man dodged them both. Dust pulled out a purple bone, Killer pulled out a knife and Horror pulled out his axe. Each stabbed at the man, together, alone and accidentally but he dodged them all.

"We have to go help them!" Cross said, turning to leave. Geno grabbed her arm.

"Wait," She whispered. Cross thought about going anyway but something in Geno's expression and tone told her to stay. They kept attacking, the other girls occasionally flinching or jumping back in fear. Finally, they stood back, the man closer to them than before. They had cuts and blood poured from wounds they never saw placed, Error was holding his arm. The man laughed again and pulled out a knife.

"One more time," He said. Cross's heart beat fast.

"No," Ink breathed. Tears appeared in Dream's eyes and Blue was frozen. Lust was covering her mouth but Geno was still watching the left corner. The man took another step forward. Suddenly Reaper was in front of him, a grin on his face and his scythe in his hand.

"It's me," Reaper said, holding the scythe in an offensive position. "The one you shouldn't have killed." A slash of red appeared on the man's chest and Reaper's scythe was covered in blood. The man fell and a sick grin appeared on his face.

"I always come back." The screen went black.

The doors opened. Cross ran out and down the stairs, the other girls close behind her. They made it where the fight had taken place to find them slumped together like a pack of thrown dolls. Reaper stood apart from them looking at the dead man. Cross ran to Nightmare while Geno walked over to Reaper.

"Are you ok, Nighty?" She asked. Nightmare nodded.

"I feel...tired," He said. Cross kissed him.

"It's 4 am and you guys are fine," Dream noticed, holding Killer up in her arms.

"Yeah, I feel fine," said Dust holding Blue in his arms. Lust and Horror were already making out. Ink sat down in front of Error.

"Is your arm ok?" She asked. Gingerly touching it. He winced.

"He cut deep," He replied, taking his hand off the wound. The cut was bleeding, but not too fast or too much. Ink wrapped her scarf around his wound, tying it tight. Error smiled at her gratefully, she smiled back. All eyes were on them. Finally Cross blurted out.

"Would you two just kiss already?!" Both blushed and Geno turned around briefly to smirk at her brother. Ink turned to Error and opened her mouth to apologise for her friend when he kissed her full on the mouth. She stiffened, then leaned into the kiss. The others cheered and Geno grinned.

"Geno?" She turned back to Reaper.

"Reaper," She said, consolingly.

"Gen, I killed someone."

"He tried to kill you."

"But still..." Geno took his face in her hands.

"Listen, I don't care if you've killed someone. I still love you and I'll always love you." Reaper leant down and kissed her.

"Thank you."

Dust lay in bed, holding Blue tight to his body and looking at the ceiling.

"I don't want to sleep Bluey," Dust said, his gaze dropping to her tired eyes.

"Scared of the Purple Man?" Blue asked. Dust frowned.

"The Purple Man?"

"He looked purple in the shadows."

"Oh, so you've named him?"

"Yes, are you afraid of him?" Dust shuffled about.

"Maybe." Blue laughed.

"I'll protect you, I promise!" Blue said, giggling and buried her face into his chest.

"Thanks, Bluey."