Chapter 13

The marketplace was filled with street side shops and activities. Yuna and her parents had a difficult time trying to get through the crowd. Many of them were pushing and shoving to get to their destinations. They kept getting stopped by street vendors that wanted to sell them various goods. Yuna's parents looked down at their daughter that held their hand tightly.

Yuna had a scowl on her face that revealed her discontent. She didn't look so happy to be here. Junho became worried for his daughter. What if she doesn't like the marketplace? How could he have been so stupid to bring his daughter to the marketplace? He should have taken her to the sea like he originally planned. He only wanted to let her have a fun day, but it turns out she's still too young to go to the marketplace.

Sena on the other hand, knew why Yuna had a scowl on her face. It was because she didn't enjoy being in crowded places. It was easy to get lost and there were a lot of swindlers and thieves here. Initially, Sena and Junho wanted to take their daughter to the auction house, but immediately decided against it. They didn't want their daughter in a dangerous place as the auction house.

They chose to go to the stalls because it seemed more appropriate for a kid. There were cotton candy stalls and stalls that contained jewelry, dolls, and clothes. They just didn't expect that the marketplace would be so busy.

Sena didn't usually visit the marketplace because she didn't need to go personally. She had servants and personal designers that would do all the work for her. The jewelers were all happy to come to the general's household to sell their goods directly. Junho wasn't much different. He was always preoccupied with his job, that he had no time to even think about the marketplace.

Junho asked, "Yuna, are you having fun?" Yuna didn't want her father to think that she wasn't having a good time, so she smiled back at him. "I'm having a lot of fun. Let's go over there." She pointed at the jewelry shop not too far from them. Junho's frown immediately changed into a smile when he noticed his daughter wasn't as upset as he thought she was.

It was hard acting like a kid when she had a mind that was old. She found herself with a scowl on her face when she should be looking like a happy kid. She didn't know much about the marketplace in her earlier years, but she was pretty familiar with how the marketplace worked.

There were people from all walks of life that came to the Capital of Guwon to shop for treasures. Guwon's marketplaces were known to be famous for its auction houses and performances on the streets. The shops were a hit or miss when it came to finding valuable goods.

The street side shops contained cheap products that targeted commoners. Majority of the people with high statuses weren't found at these shops. They usually spent their time in auction houses and restaurants. The great thing about these shops were that sometimes there were rare products that were valued at so much more than it looked.

There were a countless number of treasures that were hidden in these shops. It was easy to overlook these products because of their old and dusty appearances. Yuna had discovered this fact too late. She learned that Haemi had came across an object that was out of this world. She was shopping at the marketplace when she discovered a beautiful jade pendant that was shaped like a lotus.

This pendant didn't look like much, but it was known as the rare lotus jade pendant. This pendant was known to be a mysterious object from the gods that gave the owner good luck and beauty that could turn the world upside down. Yuna didn't think much of it in her past, but she later learned to regret it. Haemi was able to bewitch multiple men into being her personal slave without doing much.

Yuna wasn't very superstitious, but something was very odd about that pendant. It would always glow whenever Haemi spoke to Minho. It was unusual that Minho would respond to her dully almost as if she were hypnotizing him. Yuna discovered that the pendant she carried was a mysterious pendant that originated from the Miyon region.