"On your mark, get set, go," he yelled.

We both started running. Wind in our faces. It was perfect. I couldn't ask for anything better.

I got ahead of myself and started jogging a little off pace. I tripped over an overgrown log I didn't see.

I fell on the ground but immediately got up.

By this time Ethan had caught up to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked frantically.

"Yeah, I'm good," I responded.

"Don't lie to me, Jasper." I sighed giving up. 

"My ankle hurts a little. I just scraped it up, I'm fine." He had a look that showed he cared but was skeptical of it being a scrape. He kneeled and looked at my ankle.

"Jasp, this doesn't look a little scraped up. There's a lot of blood," he pauses for a second. He took off one of his shoes and took his sock off. Before I could think, he started dabbing the area with his sock.

"Wait, Ethan what are you doing? You don't have to do that," I protested. 

"Yes, I do Jasper. Your hurt and I wanted to help. I don't know why I used my sock, I guess it was "adrenaline."'

"Thank you anyway, can you help me home? I need to get somewhere to clean off my ankle," I say.

"Why not my house? It's closer so we can get it cleaned faster," he proposed.

"I guess." I had only been at his house 2 other times. He is an only child. Something I hated being after Rowan...

Since we had been walking around earlier it was unnecessary to take a bus, we just walked to his house.

By the time we had arrived, blood had soaked through my pants.

"Here," he said pulling me through his house to the bathroom. Which I suppose had a first-aid kit or bandages.

He sat me on the counter like they do in all the books.

He cleaned off the blood by using some rubbing alcohol. It burned a little, but of course, that's what it does.

He proceeded to put a bigger than normal band-aid on it. Since it was no ordinary scrape.

"There," he said.

"Thank you," I said while getting off the counter.

"I don't say this enough. I love you," he said kissing my cheek.

"I love you too, Ethan," I said. He wrapped his arms around me in his embrace. I don't know what I would do without him.

I actually forgot to post. I'm dumb.