⚫Chapter 49⚫

Monday, April 9

Three.

Three months had passed by and nothing. Not a single bit of action. Jasper had transferred to Regnum Ignis because we knew Roman would've never allowed Isidora to leave his sight. Nathan visited us once right after he turned nineteen. It was weird not seeing him or speaking to him on his birthday, but I saw him a couple of days later.

Jasper hadn't visited us at all. The last time we saw him was three months ago, the day he left Regnum Aqua. We had stayed here the entire time. I wanted to visit Regnum Ignis to see what was happening, but Sebastian wouldn't let me. I didn't bother disobeying him, so instead, I waited. We waited.

I couldn't understand why Roman was not doing anything. I mean, yes he was obviously thinking things through and taking his time, but three months was literally sixteen weeks.

In the meantime, we trained. We trained every single day. It was quite obvious that Roman hadn't found the bracelet yet. I assumed it wasn't just lying somewhere out in the open. It was probably hidden. If he couldn't find it with help, there was no way we could find it either.

My friends and I were currently swimming in a water pool refreshing ourselves. "I'm tired of waiting," Elias said. "We all are," Raphael added.

"I mean at least we're not on earth. We would have to go to school and do boring stuff," Neha sighed.

"True."

"I just don't get it. I mean will Roman ever find the bracelet?" I inquired.

"Who knows? I honestly think he should just give up," Violet said. "Well, Roman seems stubborn. Giving up has probably never even crossed his mind," Elias said. "I wonder how Jasper's doing..." Julian added. "Me too. Do you think he hasn't visited us because Roman isn't letting him?" Indigo asked.

"Possibly. I mean Roman is Roman," I said. "When I see that douche, the first thing I'm going to do is punch him in the face," Blaike muttered. "Well, the next time we'll see him will be when he has the bracelet," Saphira said.

"It sucks that we have no powers," Lucian sighed. "I wouldn't mind drowning him."

"That reminds me, when we do have to fight him, are we all fighting?" I asked. "No. The guys will fight," Blaike answered me. "Ok, that is totally unfair! Amara wants to fight too!" Neha exclaimed.

"No, the girls will stay here," Lucian stated.

"Oh, come on Lucian! This is ridiculous!" Saphira argued. "What's ridiculous is that you don't seem to understand how dangerous it will be!" Lucian shouted.

"You're not my father! You need to stop babying me!" she shouted back at him. "Guys..." Neha started to say. But before she could even finish her sentence, Saphira had slipped out of the pool. We watched as she grabbed her towel and stormed away.

I got out of and immediately followed her.

-

"I just don't get it! Why can't we fight? Why do the guys treat us like we're weak? Lucian is so aggravating!"

"Saphira! Don't worry, we'll get to fight. I won't allow us to just stay here in Regnum Aqua while the guys go."

"Lucian acts like he owns me! I understand he's my mate and I absolutely love him, but my decision to fight is not up to him, it's up to me."

"Saphira, he's just scared. I mean if you had a choice, would you let Lucian go and fight?"

"Of course not. I wouldn't want him going anywhere near that psychotic Roman guy."

"Exactly. I fully agree that us girls should be allowed to fight and trust me we will just don't forget that he's also very scared. I mean we all are. Roman will be very powerful when that bracelet slips onto his wrist. We have a lot to lose which is why we need to be careful."

"Ok, maybe I overreacted a bit," she muttered. "Thanks."

-

Tuesday, April 7

I woke up feeling a weird sensation throughout my entire body. I opened my eyes to see someone peering over me. I looked over at Elias to try alerting him not realizing I had become completely paralyzed. I couldn't move or speak.

My heart began beating faster and faster as my body moved away from Elias. It was moving on its own as it ignored what I wanted it to do. Slowly my eyes became droopy making it hard for me to identify the third person in the room.

I woke up again for the second time in an unfamiliar place. This time I was able to move and speak. I sat up from what seemed like a bed and that's when I noticed that my hands were tied, and I was chained. "Help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. Where was I?

Suddenly, the door of the room opened. I looked instantly to see a familiar face. "Oh look! The little princess is finally awake," they said sarcastically.

"N-Nailah?!"