⚫Chapter 46⚫

J- She's what?

A female Alpha. This was amazing. I just assumed they were all male. I couldn't believe it. "This is so cool," I sighed. "It's nice to meet you Alpha Nephele," I exclaimed.

"Likewise. Also, you can drop the Alpha. Just call me Nephele."

"Ok," I responded still feeling amazed.

"Why don't we go inside?" she suggested.

We then followed her into the castle. It was magical in there. Being in Latum Alterum and visiting the different kingdoms felt like I was having a dream that I didn't want to wake up from.

I watched as a woman appeared holding shorts and t-shirts in her hands. "These are for your friends," Nephele said while taking them from the woman and handing them to me. "They can shift in that room," she said while pointing to a door.

After the boys shifted, they exited the room and walked back to us.

"Hi, I am Elias. It's nice to meet you Nephele," he said while shaking hands with her. "And I'm Jasper, and this is Nathan."

"It's nice to meet you guys too. You all are very handsome," she stated.

Nathan chuckled in embarrassment causing his cheeks to turn pink. "Uh, thanks," Jasper responded.

"And you are very beautiful," she said while looking at me. "Thank you," I responded.

"Now what is this very important piece of information that you must tell me?" she asked sounding concerned.

"It's going to be a lot to take in. We should perhaps sit down."

-

After telling her everything, Nephele stared at us with a shocked face.

"This is absurd. Your uncle is crazy," she scoffed.

"Yeah, he's definitely more than just crazy..." Elias muttered underneath his breath.

"I am very thankful that you guys came here to warn us about this. Thank you."

"We had to. I'm afraid whatever happened before might happen again but worse."

"Me too," Nephele said while looking down. "We were also wondering if your father is still alive," Nathan asked her. "He is, but he has no memory of what happened."

My friends and I stared at her in silence. How could that be? The previous Alpha of Regnum Ignis was obviously not alive, Sebastian's father wasn't alive either, but the two other Alphas were. It sucked that Adamus' father couldn't speak and Nephele's father had lost his memory.

"Can we still talk to him," Elias said.

"Yeah sure. Follow me, I believe he's on the balcony reading."

We followed Nephele up a staircase and into the second level's open floor. The doors to the balcony were open revealing her father who was seated on a chair reading a book.

"Salve pater. Habeo amicis, qui volunt aliquid loqui tibi."

"I videre," he responded. "Hello," he greeted us. "Hi," we all said in unison before bowing our heads in respect. After telling him everything, I decided to ask him a question.

"I know your memory of what happened is gone but is there anything you do remember that could possibly help us?" I asked in desperation.

"I am sorry. I do want to help you and your friends, but I don't remember anything that happened. I am very sorry."

"Yeah, we understand. Thank you for speaking with us. We're sorry for disturbing you," I replied.

We turned around to walk out of the balcony leaving Nephele alone with her father.

"At least we tried," Nathan said. "Yeah, it was worth a shot. It sucks though, that no one has any information that could help us find the bracelet. I don't think we'll be able to find it," Jasper said.

"Yeah, our best bet is to let Roman find it first and then snatch it from him," Elias added. I gulped slowly feeling a bit uneasy. Taking the bracelet from Roman wasn't going to be a piece of cake. It wasn't like we had powers to defend ourselves.

"Once we get back to Regnum Aqua, we need to make a plan. We need to be prepared for whatever comes our way," Elias said.

It was weird hearing Elias talk this much. He was often quiet.

"Yeah, Eli is right. We don't know when Roman will start doing whatever he's planning, but we need to be ready," Jasper exclaimed.

"I know Sebastian might be upset that we left without telling him, but we'll need his help too," I said. We watched Nephele exit the balcony as she walked towards us.

"I am so sorry guys," she said. "His memory hasn't been the same since the incident."

"It's alright. We understand." We exited the room and walked down the stairs.

All of a sudden, a girl around my age came bursting through the castle doors with excitement. "Nephele!" she exclaimed. "There is-" She briefly scanned us before her eyes stood still on Nathan. Her eyes widened in shock as she stared at him.

"Mate," Nathan growled.

He walked over towards her causing the girl's eyes to light up.

"Oh my..." Nephele said as well all watched what was happening.

"Hi," Nathan sighed heavily with a smile on his face.

"Hello," she replied with a grin.

My heart dropped as I stared at them. I swallowed slowly seeing Nathan stare at his mate like she was a million dollars. I was very happy for them, just a bit sad. I couldn't understand why I was sad.

I let out a small sigh before removing my gaze from them and focusing on the floor instead. I then felt someone's fingers interlock with mine. I followed the hand with my eyes and looked up to see Elias giving me a smile of reassurance. I smiled back as I moved closer to him.

"Now it's just Jasper," Elias said with a chuckle. "Actually no... it's not," Jasper responded with a smirk.

"What do you mean? You've found your mate?" I asked feeling surprised.

"Yeah..."

"Who is it?" Elias asked persistently.

"Uh... I don't know if I should-"

"Just say it!" Elias barked at him.

"My mate is Isidora."