Ch. 64 - In Some Deep Shit

Start from the beginning

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“This is it,” the taxi driver announced and I paid him the money I owed.

“Thanks,” I replied rather monotonously, stepping out of the car.

“Have a nice day,” he said, and shortly afterwards he drove away.

I let out a small sigh and stuffed my hands into my pockets, looking up at my house. I slowly made my way towards the front porch and dug into my purse, looking for the keys.

After finding them, I opened the door and shut it almost immediately. The house was silent and I stood there, staring out into space before I suddenly heard the sound of a door opening and, before I knew it, Robin was standing a few feet away from me.

She eyed me up and down, a look of concern was soon on her face.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” she said, taking a step towards me. “How was the date?”

I let out another sigh and walked towards the couch, setting down my purse before looking at her.

“Did Justin drop you off?” she asked. “He should’ve came inside for a bit.”

I bit my lip, guilt rushing throughout me.

I just… got up and left. I didn’t say a word to Justin. I wonder if he hates me by now.

I don’t even know why I did it. I was just so overwhelmed that I had to get out of there. I just couldn’t stay because I knew I’d look upset and, when Justin asks me what’s wrong, I wouldn’t know what to say to him.

What do I say to him?

That I’ve been talking about how I don’t care what happens as long as I’m with him and yet my heart is aching because of hate people have towards me?

I didn’t even.. do anything to anyone. And they hate me. They don’t even know me and they’re talking shit about me.

“Jackie?” Robin prompted, snapping me from my thoughts.

“I.. just.. I don’t feel well today so I came back by myself,” I lied.

Robin narrowed her eyes at me. “And Justin was just okay with this?”

“Well he suggested multiple times to take me back but I told him that it was okay and that I could get here myself,” I shrugged.

I heard Robin scoff at me and I looked at her in defeat.