The Bike

I really wish I hadn't turned my phone off. When I got home I was all depressed about missing my chance, and all I wanted to do was go sit in my room to read. So I walk in the door and my mom starts yelling at me saying that she has been calling me for twenty minutes. Since I didn't answer the phone, she has decided to take away my car indefinitely. My parents love this type of punishment because it means that they have the right to change the length of the punishment at any time. To top it all off that means I have to ride my bike to school. It isn't that it's not a cool bike, the problem is that now it will take longer to get to school every morning. It also means that it will be much harder to follow my little mystery after school.
I spent the week trailing around town trying to follow my pretty little mystery, who was a whole lot better at riding a bike. She was so much better than me that by the time I got to the bookstore she was getting ready to put the book back on the shelf and leave. Since it was such a waste of time trying to follow my little mystery, I decided that I should spend some time with Mike so that he would quit bugging me. So I called him up and asked if he wanted to go skateboarding. To let you in on a little secret, I really hate skateboarding, but I offered to go because I know it is Mike's favorite activity.
Our conversation went something like this...
Mike: hey
Me: Hey Mike
Mike: oh hey man what u needin?
Me: I was just calling to ask if you wanted to go skateboarding tomorrow.
Mike: sure y not
Me: Ok can you pick me up tomorrow at one, my parents took my car keys
Mike: k I'll c u tumoro
Me: Ok, see you then
Hooray, now I'm gonna get to spend my Saturday at the skate park with Mike. Well there goes my weekend, I hope my parents give my car back soon.

Authors note:
I want to dedicate this chapter to JAYA1014 for all her help and feedback. You need to check out her book The Suit War, it is fantastic and well worth the read.