Library

The rest of the weekend turned out to be rather uneventful, but when I got to school on Monday I was very nervous. You see, over the weekend I had managed to finish the book I had checked out from the library even though I spent most of Saturday at the skate park with Mike. I am very nervous because I have to manage to get to and from the library without running into Mike or any of his buddies. If they discover my love for reading then I will become the main target for their bullying and the subject of all their pranks. So during lunch I feel like a ninja when I slip away after giving some dumb excuse for why I wouldn't stay for the rest of lunch. Still feeling like a ninja I sneak through the hallways and let out a sigh of relief when I get through the doors.

I slip inside and freeze because I realize that I'm not the only one who has decided to spend their lunch in the library. I hear laughing as the librarian continues to talk to whoever is here, and I quickly walk towards the nearest bookshelf so that I can hide. If anyone sees me then I will be running the risk of Mike finding out. It got really quiet so I turn the corner around the shelf to search for a new book when WHAM I collide with someone! We both fall to the ground and I hear her say "You really should watch were you're going, this is the second time you've ran into me!"

I can only sit and stare in shock, right there in front of me is the girl I've been trying to meet. The librarian rushes over as she notices us on the floor.
"What happened?" She asked worried that one of us might be hurt.
"It's ok Mrs. Louis, I just didn't look before I came around the corner." I reply hoping to blow over the suddenly awkward situation.
"Well you need to be more careful dear, one of you could have been hurt. Oh dear where are my manners, John this is Lilia, and Lilia this is John." Mrs. Louis says with a smile.
"Well it is nice to meet you John, and I'm sure I will see you later but I have to go so bye." she says hurriedly sounding a little nervous.

As Lilia walked out I could barely contain my excitement, I did it! Thanks to Mrs. Louis and a little bit of luck I had discovered the name of my mysterious reader!