Plan in Action

So after school I hurried to the bookstore to make sure I had everything just perfect. I had already discovered exactly where she would sit, because it was the same spot everyday. So I sat nearby pretending to be reading so that I would know the moment she got there. This is it, this is the chance you have been planning for over a month, you have to make it work.

I could just see her walk in the door, when my phone starts to ring. I run to the bathroom and answer. "Hey man, you gonna be busy on Saterdey night?" It's Mike. " This is not a good time, can I call you back later?" I ask hoping for a lucky break. "Well I'm buying these tickets to go see that nu movie coming out and I haf to know if yur goin." What can I say, what can I say, if I tell him no he will want a reason and I will be here for thirty minutes. On the other hand I could tell him yea and back out later if I have to. That's it! "Hey man I don't know if I can go or not, but will you go ahead and buy me a ticket. Thanks I'll tell you at school tomorrow if I can go. Bye!" and with that I hung up on Mike, turned my phone off and went to deliver my note. Only later did I realize how stupid turning off my phone was.

I left the bathroom to discover that my little mystery was putting the book back on its shelf and leaving the store. Noooooooooo, I mentally yelled at myself! Nothing I try is working, I guess I have no luck in trying to meet the girl of my dreams!

Little did I know my luck was going to change.