The Perfect Plan

Three days into summer vacation, I sit in my car at the bookstore waiting for the perfect moment to enact my plan. I decided that the only way to get to know Lilia was to use our common interests. Then I realize that it is the perfect time, I climb out of the car and rush into the bookstore. I began to sneak around like I always do when I'm buying new books so that Mike and his crew won't find out. The only thing is this time I want someone to notice me.

Even though I'm trying to be noticed I still jump when I hear, "Do you need help finding anything?"
I quickly get over the surprise and respond, "No thank you, I'm just looking."
I sigh in relief as they walk away, but jump again when I hear. "Why did you jump like you'd been shot when they asked if you needed help."
"It's none of your..." I fall silent when I turn around and realize exactly who it is I'm smarting off to.

"Lilia?" I ask once I have regained the ability to speak
"Yes, what are you doing here John?"
"Well ummm ummm, I was... I am getting a new book to read, what are you doing here?" I respond sounding like a complete idiot.
"Of course you are, I'm just here looking at books." she responds giving me a look that says she doesn't believe a word I just said, "might I ask what a popular guy like you would be doing at the bookstore?"
"Ummmmmm well, I really like reading, but nobody knows, please don't tell anyone!" I respond speeding up as I continue to talk, "it would be really bad if any of the guys found out about this, please..."
"Hey don't worry I won't tell anyone, your secret's safe with me." She interrupts me smiling. "I think we should properly introduce ourselves, I'm Lilia." She continues with a laugh.
"I'm John and it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." I respond trying to sound formal before we both burst out laughing.
"Well it was very nice to meet you John, but sadly I must be leaving. Maybe I will see you around though." She says with a smile as she walks away.
The only response I can make is, "I really hope so."

A/N: I want to thank forever_writing_26 for the enthusiastic comments, and I hope more people continue to comment, I really do love the feedback!