Hiccstrid// Hot Topic

All you peeps get your heads out of the gutters. Ain't no smut here!

     "Astrid? Astrid! Where are you?"
     Hiccup wandered through the Haddock home in search of his wife. He soon found her sitting in the backyard. She  was sitting in a large wooden tub, her long golden hair hanging over the side. Hiccup looked to see her in a light cropped top and a pair of chopped shorts. Hiccup leaned against the edge of the tub and waited for her to open her eyes.
     "Hiccup!" Astrid gasped. "You scared me."
     "So you can stare a wild bull in the eye but your skinny husband scares you?" Hiccup mocked.
     Astrid rolled her eyes and curled her legs under her. Hiccup stripped to his tunic and leaned over the tub. Astrid tilted her head as Hiccup stepped in. He pulled Astrid's back against his chest. Astrid sighed and leaned into her husband. Hiccup closed his eyes and simply toyed with the ends of Astrid's hair.
     Both of them relished in the moment. These quiet moments between the two of them were few and far between these days. Berk was thriving on their new island and many a treaties and battles had ensued. Hiccup rarely had time to dote on his newly wed wife, but whenever he could he would. Astrid felt his heart hammer as he relaxed, his head dropping to press his nose into her neck.
     "Some might consider that scandelous," Valka commented.
     Hiccup and Astrid jumped apart, both rising above the tub. "We're dressed," they said at the same time.
     Valka laughed and held her stomach as she rolled into a long fit of laughter. Astrid rolled her eyes and sunk back into the water. Hiccup simply glared at his mother and propped himself on the edge with his elbows.
      "You two should know that I'm not going to embarass you," Valka said, walking closer.
     "That one time you shared about me when I was one comes to mind," Hiccup grumbled.
     Valka scoffed. "I'm sure your father had more embarassing stories that I do. You know, you two are quite the topic."
     Astrid perked up in dread as she heard that. "What about?"
     Valka leaned against the tub. "Spitelout calls it a 'hot topic'. Everyone wants to know when the next chief will be born."
     Hiccup flushed and dropped himself into the tub. Astrid raised her hands to block the splash of water, but rolled her eyes. Valka laughed at the couple's reactions. She waved goodbye and walked into the Haddock house. Hiccup rose from the water, his hair and face dripping. He stood up and stepped out of the tub and Astrid followed. The two of them drip dried in the summer sun.
     "What's wrong?" Astrid asked.
     "Just that everyone wants us to have a kid, and I don't really know if we- if I'm ready," Hiccup finished in shame.
     Astrid smiled and began to rub his shoulders as he sat on the grass. "I don't think we are either. We still have to many trips to settle peace with islands for us to have someone else to take care of."
     Hiccup tilted his head and smiled. "When we're ready?"
     Astrid nodded and pecked his cheek. "When we're ready."

Tada!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry I've been MIA, I'm working on a Musical Theater show this week and after Friday, we will be back on a regular update. I will have more time to write.
Thanks for sticking with me!
Byeeeeeeeee!