Is she shitting me?

"What do you mean was?" I stare at Cassandra, perturbed.

"Exactly what I meant. She had a miscarriage. Well, not technically. The pregnancy just didn't develop well and she had to undergo a procedure to remove the fetus." She explains.

That's why she was weak? That's why she didn't come back?

"When did it happen? Why didn't she tell me?" I couldn't understand. I would've thought she should know by now that I'll be there if she needs me.

"Look," she sighs, looking like she wanted to face-palm herself, hard. "I shouldn't even have told you. Hell, you probably wouldn't believe that I only found out this just about an hour ago when she called me from the clinic. If she really wanted you to know, do you think she would've called me?"

My knuckles throbbed from the one punch I gave to the wall earlier.

If she really wanted you to know, do you think she would've called me? I couldn't stop this from replaying in my head.

She didn't want me to know. She probably never wanted me to know. She must've found out about the pregnancy at least awhile ago, and yet she never hinted about it to me. Instead, she became more and more detached.

I turn around and smash my fist into the wall once more, not caring about the loud crack it made.

"Jeez, stop that. I don't think even Iron Man can break a brick wall with his fist." Cassandra places one hand on my shoulder but quickly retracts it when I flinch.

"Where is she?" I ask, breathing hard.

"In my room. She couldn't drive and didn't want anyone to ask about her car."

"How is she now? I have to see her."

"She's fine. She just needs to be alone."

Alone? What kind of man would I be if I were to let my woman be alone in times like this?

"I have to see her for myself, Cassandra. I need to." I insist. Even if she says no, I'll probably call up all the locksmiths I can find and pay a good sum to whoever who'll open up the damn door.

"She's resting now, she needs it. Now is not the time. And she has to be the one to decide if she wants to see you or not."

"I won't wake her up. I just have to see her. For awhile." I plead. "Five minutes. Please, Cassandra."

Ultimately, Cassandra relented. We walk back to her room down the hall and she spins around before turning the door knob. "Five. Minutes." She hisses.

She creaks the door open slowly and impatient me can't help but zoom in to the figure lying down on one of the beds. One look at her and I know she's crying. She quickly turns to her side, pretending to rub her eyes when anyone can tell she's trying to wipe off the tears.

My chest suddenly feels like a black hole. I hate watching her cry knowing I am likely the cause of her tears. Unable to help myself, I lightly shove Cassandra into the room to get nearer to her.

Kelsey sits up from the bed, her ponytail now loose and messy. When she lifts up her face, my fists automatically clench at the sight of her eyes. The whites in them now completely pink from all the crying. How long has she been crying on her own? How was I so dumb not to notice?

But when she spots me standing just a few feet away from her, her eyes instantly turns cold. She directs her death glare towards Cassandra who's now half-hiding behind me. We haven't really expected her to be awake when I asked for five minutes. I thought I could just hold her and check her to make sure she's alright.