Chapter 3: Train

Beginne am Anfang

"H-How about Master Jeon's power?" You whispered.

"He has the greatest gift of them all, and I think that's why he got to rule the kingdom despite him being the youngest. He has the power of telekinesis, levitation, healing and the power of destruction. He was known as one of the most powerful king among all of the empires. But he has problems with controlling his emotions. Sometimes he's cheerful, nice and caring, but he could snap into an evil, cruel person in seconds. He used to kill maids that were close to him as well the chosen people whom he cherishes the most and for the most stupidest reasons. One was killed because she groaned in front of him, another was killed because she smiled too much and there were even people who got killed because they moved too much. Literally, he will kill anyone who annoys him. The only people who could control him and calm him down are the other Masters. He could never lash his emotions on them. He has never outraged on them either. He loves his brothers a lot." She said.

You gulped.

"Well that's a lot to take in."

"That's what I've been warning you, do not get on Master Jeon's nerves. He is not someone you should mess with. He can and will kill you if he's annoyed. Definitely should always avoid him when he's mad. Try to be the most careful when he's silent. Silence is a hint that he's in a bad mood. You must not make any sound when he's silent. When he's happy, you must not smile or laugh too much because you'll remind him that he's not being himself and he's being easy on you. I saw a few people died because they were laughing with him. Because of how fast his mood changes, he loses his citizens quickly as he couldn't control himself. And that's why, the Bermuda Triangle exist. It was there for the purpose of gaining citizens in the empire and that's why you're stuck with all of this right now." She explained.

"B-But telekinesis is different from mind reading." Your brows furrowed.

"Yeah...?" She twinkled her eyes.

"Master Jeon read my mind earlier." You added.

"That's not possible. He does not have such power."
"Do Masters sometimes suddenly gain more powers?" You questioned.

"No they do not. They were born with their gifted abilities and they have to figure out what it is by themselves. They certainly do not gain any more later in their lifetime."

"W-Wait so how do I know which person is a Master?" You asked.

"Great question, all Masters or any royal blood have a triangle tattoo on the back of their neck and this also includes in other Empires as well. So if you see one, you need to be careful around them, you don't want to get them mad."

"Thanks a lot, Jess."

"You're welcome. I'll let you look around the castle a bit, I'm going to bring you the purifying bracelet."

"Sure thing."

||

You turned around and started analyzing the castle. As you were walking, you heard footsteps behind you.

"You're back already?"

You turned around expecting to see Jess but then an unfamiliar figure was walking towards you.

"Are you talking to me?" He pointed to himself.

"I-I" You stuttered trying to bring yourself up to speak.

He then turned around to look if there was a person behind him.

Is that a triangle tattoo?

Your eyes widened as you saw the tattoo on the back of his neck.

"M-Master, I am so sorry!" You bowed down immediately, closing your eyes and crossing your fingers that you won't get into any troubles.

He then touched the back of his neck.

"Ahh~ You must be Y/N, I suppose."

"Y-Yes." You answered, still not daring to look into his eyes.

"It's okay, you can stand properly, I won't bite."

You raised your body, standing up straightly. Just then, you were bless by the brightest smile you've ever seen.

"Hello?" He snapped his finger in front of your face as you zoned out.

"O-Oh, sorry. By the way, how should I address you?"

"Call me, Hoseok." He smiled brightly.

"How can I? You're a master."

"So? You seem friendly and I want to be friends. People who's friends with the Masters don't need to call them Master you know."

"But still—"

"Call me Hoseok, it's an order."

"Y-Yes, Mas—"

"Ahem." He gave you that deathly stare.

"I-I mean, yes Hoseok."

"See? Not that hard." He smiled.

You returned the smile back.
So there is a good Master after all.

"Master Hoseok?" A voice appeared.

"Oh Jess, hey."

"I-I am sorry to interrupt but I'm supposed to train Miss Y/N..." She bowed.

"Oh yeah, for sure. See you later, Y/N" He waved at you as he was walking away.

"See ya!" You waved back.

Jess then come over. She then eye signaled you.

"Oh em, Master Hoseok wanted to be my friend so he told me to talk to him informally."

"That's strange, he's not usually like that you know."

"What do you mean?" Your eyes grew larger.

"I mean he's not strict but he doesn't trust anyone, no one had ever earn his trust, not to mention being asked to be his friend." She said.

That left you in a deep thought.

"Anyway, here's your bracelet." She then put it on your hand.

"Wow, the bracelet is so pretty! But how is it gonna help purify me though?"

"I'm so sorry." Jess said.

"What for?" You ask curiously.

"Once you put on this bracelet, you can never leave Atlantis Empire unless any Master take it off from you." She said.

Your eyes widened.
"Why are you doing this to me?" You asked.

"I'm sorry, it's the rule. You can never leave once you've set foot in this empire. This bracelet will make sure you can't. If you attempt to leave, you will lose the ability to swim in the water and it'll make sure you'll never reach the surface. Plus, it'll alert Master Jeon as well." She said.

"W-What?" You blinked non-stop trying to process what she was saying.

"In short terms....

....you can never leave this place, ever again."

.