Chapter 28

I heard laughter? My face itched and I was freezing. I shivered and opened my eyes. Why am I in grass? Like a wave the memories from last night came flooding back. I shot up into sitting and quickly felt the pain in my head. I held my head and looked around. People were coming to school. I looked around and saw there was no sign of Victoria or my parents anywhere. My eyes started to tear up but I quickly shook them away. I need to be strong for her. I then looked down at me and noticed that I had dirt stains here and there. I stood up and went towards the school. I need to get to my old home. I walked through the back doors and everyone looked at me. I ignored the stares and ran a hand through my hair walking to the front of the school. To my luck Lexy and her followers were by the entrance. I internally groaned and hoped they wouldn't see me. I am not in the mood to deal with her bullshit today. Luck wasn't on my side and I was pulled to the side against the wall. "Wow now you really look like a piece of shit." She laughed and I thought to myself not anymore. I pushed her off of me which made her stumble back. I pointed my finger at all of them saying, "You know, I am sick and tired of this shit! This isn't happening anymore Lexy." She growled and said, "Who said you could talk to me like that bitch." She walked back towards me and tried to punch me in the face but I moved making her punch the wall. She yelled out in pain, "FUCK! You bitch! Get her and hold her down!" Her followers reached for me but I pushed one out of my way and made the other run into Lexy. Lexy pushed her off of her and came back at me with fire in her eyes. She threw punches at me which I dodged. Faith you need to get to Victoria. End this. When she looked back at me I swiftly punched her in her nose. Her head snapped back and her eyes rolled to the back of her head. She started falling backwards. With me not being mean, I caught her right before her head hit the ground. I laid her down and looked back up at her followers. I said to them with a serious look, "You both want to join her?" They quickly shook their heads and I smirked, "Good now go and take her to the nurse and if you snitch me out you'll both end up like her. Got it?" They both nodded and picked up Lexy to take her to the nurses office. I stood up and saw everyone looking at me. I shouted, "What are you all looking at!" They all quickly looked away and went back to what they were doing. I shook my head and made my way out of the school. Now time to get Victoria back.

I ran back to Victoria's house and went inside. I went to my room and grabbed my bat and my phone that was laying on my dresser. I jogged back to grab my keys. I ran to my car and quickly got out of the driveway. I never thought I would be going back to that hell house. I sighed and got there as quickly as possible. I parked in the driveway and looked at the house. It seems empty. I grabbed my bat and got out of the car. I moved the plant that was right next to the door and found the spare key they always left there. Nothing has changed. I opened the door and walked intside. It was surprisingly clean since I had ran away.

Flashback

I managed to get to my room before my parents were able to hit me for probably the hundredth time that night. They had gotten back around 11pm both drunk and stumbling inside. I happened to be in the kitchen getting some water when I had heard the front door open. My eyes widened and my parents stumbled inside laughing at each other. Once they saw me their laughter left and pure hatred replaced their facial expression. They both went over to me and started beating me with my mother starting first. My water was splashed all over the place. That was more of a motive when my dad started beating me. "HOW DARE YOU MAKE THIS MESS. YOU KNOW HOW HARD YOUR MOTHER AND I WORK!" They kept going until I could escape. When I had gotten to my room I felt blood everywhere. My body ached from all the hits and all I could think about was leaving the house and running away. Which is exactly what I did. I packed my stuff and made a run for it going to the only place I knew would care. I heard my parents shouts and threats but I ignored them and kept running. I showed up at Victoria's house and they immediately helped me.

I shook my head to get out of my thoughts and walked to the livingroom. It seems like nothing has been here in a while. From the corner of my eye I saw something white on the dining room table. I walked over and saw it was a piece of paper with writing on it.

Ha you thought it would be easy. We are going to have a lot of fun with Victoria.

I ran a hand through my hair and looked around. I ran upstairs and looked in every room. They were all untouched until I got to my room. I didn't want to open my door but I fought against myself and slowly opened it. I pushed it open and teared up. Everything was exactly the same since when I had ran away. Everything was scattered when I was in a rush to pack whatever I could. I stepped inside and looked around. My pictures and some drawings where on the walls and my blue bed sheets were still unmade. A single tear fell from the memories I have had in this room. This was the only sanctuary I had from my parents and all the pain. I shook my head and went out of my room and closed the door. I ran to my car and quickly drove home. Tears were pouring down my face from the realization that Victoria was truly gone. Taken from me by my horrible parents. The road was getting blurry from all the tears so I sped up to get to Victoria's house faster. I parked and got my phone out of my back pocket calling the police and filing a report. At first they didn't believe me but I had told them everything from when they first started abusing me until now. The police said they would look for her immediately and check in with me when they had found her. I cried by myself in my room on my bed with my knees to my chest and head resting on my knees. I cried and cried until I thought I didn't have any tears left. I hadn't realized how many hours had gone by until both of Victoria's parents walked into my room. They had asked what was wrong and I told them everything. They started crying as well so we all just held each other waiting for the phone call telling us that Victoria was okay. Hours later they left to go to their room while I stayed in mine. I stared straight in front of me which is a wall that has pictures that Victoria and I have taken together. All of a sudden the front door rang. My head snapped over being hopeful that Victoria had escaped my parents and walked home. I jumped off my bed and ran to the door swinging it open. My smile faded slightly when Tony was at the door. His face went from smiling, confused, to concerned. I lunged at him jumping and holding onto him for dear life.

I bursted out crying again into his neck. He used his left arm to hold the bottom of my leg while the right arm was on my lower back holding me. He walked inside, closed the door, and walked to my room. Tony sat on my bed so I was straddling him and started to rub my back while I continued to cry into his neck. He said to me, "I got you Faith don't worry." I continued to cry for hours and Tony never loosened his hold on me or leave. After some time I took my head out of his neck and put my chin on his shoulder. I looked out the window and saw it was dark out. I took a deep breath and pulled back to look at Tony. He lifted his left hand and moved the hair that was in my face then cupped my cheek. I leaned into his touch closing my eyes. Crying for hours takes a toll on your body. I felt him kiss my forehead and I opened my eyes. He was smiling at me and I gave him a weak one in return. He leaned in to kiss me and I reciprocated. It was a slow kiss nothing was hurried. When we broke he quietly asked me, "Let's sleep? We can talk about it in the morning if you want." I nodded and I got off of him laying on my bed facing the wall. I fell asleep quickly from how emotionally drained I was. The next morning I woke up to a sleeping Tony. He still had his arms around me but I had turned to face him. His steady breathing and slight pout while sleeping was an adorable sight to see. I lightly smiled at him momentarily forgetting what else was happening. I kissed his nose lightly and he stirred awake. He blinked a couple times and then smiled at me. He leaned over and kissed me softly. It was a slow kiss and I was just enjoying it before my door opened. Tony and I both looked over and saw it was Victoria's mom. She smiled but I could see it didn't reach her eyes. I smiled sadly but at her and she said, "Come on kids you have school and I have work." We both nodded and sat up. He kissed me goodbye because he was going to head home to quickly get ready. I changed into sweats and a T-shirt, not in the mood for anything. I brushed out my hair and brushed my teeth. I didn't eat anything and left for school. Today is going to suck.