Chapter 5

Victoria seemed impressed with what she did.  Jonathan asked, "Is she breathing?" I looked at Luna and said, "Lu you have to breath girl." I chuckled and she took a deep breath. She then gave me a panicked look, "Oh my gosh I totally froze. I didn't even thank her for catching me. And why didn't you tell me you knew her Faith." She hit me in the arm and I said, "Well I didn't know you liked her until today. We met in P.E. freshmen year and stayed friends." Luna ran a hand through her hair clearly distressed. Victoria then said, "Luna you have to go to class, the bell is going to ring soon so we have to get going. But you did good you didn't say anything embarrassing." She waved and then left with Jonathan. I quickly hugged her and made my way to class yelling, "See you later Lu!" The rest of the day went by normally until I had gotten a text from Luna in my last class for the day.

Luna: "Do you think I would have a shot with her?"

I laughed to myself about how she was still thinking about lunch.

Me: "I don't see why not."

I locked my phone and went back to my work that I had left for class. About 20 minutes later the bell rang and we all left class. I was looking down at my phone while walking until someone touched my arm. I looked up and to my left and saw a smiling Delilah. I smiled back and opened my arms for a hug. She walked closer and hugged me. When she pulled away she asked, "How was class Faith?" I shrugged and said, "It was alright I guess. I just want to go home now." We both chuckled and then I asked her, "Not to be mean Del but were you going to ask me something?" She chuckled and said, "It's fine, I was going to text you but then I realized that you were right in front of me. I wanted to ask about Luna. I haven't seen her before today is she new?" I smiled and put my phone in my back pocket, "Yeah she is and that's funny because she said the same thing about you. But she has only been here maybe for a week or 2 now."

She nodded and smiled, "Alright then I'll see you around Faith I have to go to softball practice." I nodded and gave her a quick hug. I waved and started walking away, "See you later Del! Have fun at practice!" She waved and yelled thank you. I walked to the front of the school and met up with Victoria, Jonathan, and Luna. Victoria tossed me the keys saying, "I don't feel like driving." She shrugged and Luna quickly shook her head, "I am not sitting in the back with them. I don't want to see something that will scar me for life." I started bursting out laughing, Victoria slapped her arm, and Jonathan face palmed.  Luna sat passenger and the couple sat in the back. I then randomly said, "I hope you guys don't have anything planned cause we are going to the movies." They didn't seem to care because they cheered more than anything. The movie 'Venom' had just came out today and I wanted to go see it anyway.  We left our bags in the car and went in line to by a ticket.  Once we got our tickets I said to them that I was going to go to the bathroom.  They nodded and went in line for food while I walked in the opposite direction.  I walked past the bathroom and went around a corner.  I pulled out my phone and called a friend that I thought would like to join.

After I was done with the call I walked back were everyone was and Victoria handed me a packet of sour patch kids.  "Awwww thanks babe."  I jokingly said and kissed her cheek.  She chuckled and rolled her eyes.  I looked over at Luna who was at the Slurpee machine then saw Delilah seeking up next to her.  I smirked and nudged Victoria's arm to get her attention.  She turned to look at me and I ushered my head to where I was looking.  She looked where I was motioning and smirked as well.  She leaned over and whispered to me, "Faith you are ridiculous.  How did you get her to come?"  I shrugged and saw her cover Luna's eyes, "I just said Luna would be here."  I smiled when Luna turned around and was immediately shocked when she saw who it was but surprisingly didn't drop her Slurpee.  Delilah smiled at her and opened her arms for a hug.  Luna was luckily not frozen enough to not hug her back.  They both walked over and we all hugged Delilah.  I winked at Delilah when she walked back closer to Luna which made her blush.  I got my phone out and checked the time.  "Alright guys lets go get our seats.  Movie is going to start soon."  They all nodded and walked into the theater.  I didn't mind being alone I usually was the third wheel for Victoria and Jonathan. 

I smiled at Luna and Delilah since they seem to be getting along well.  I opened my bag of sour patch and started eating.  Throughout the movie I glanced over at Victoria and Jonathan who were snuggled together and Luna and Delilah who both had face eating grins.  I smiled at them and payed attention to the movie.  After the movie was over I asked Victoria, "Hey would your parents care if we all go to your house and just hang out?"  Victoria thought about it for a second and shook her head.  "I don't think they will care.  And Faith you know well enough you can call my parents your parents as well.  We are family."  I slowly nodded my head and went to turn back around.  I was quickly whipped around and was held from my face.  Victoria looked straight into my eyes and said, "Hey I know you feel like you don't deserve parents and love but you do Faith.  Now you need to have some faith in yourself.  You have lost yours."  I saw security in her eyes making me believe what she said a little more.  I decided to drop the topic and nodded to her response.  She let go of my face and said, "Lets go home now."