Chapter 25

I was woken up with someone playing with my fingers softly. I groaned quietly and slowly opened my eyes. I blinked a couple of times and saw that Victoria was still laying on me. She was looking at our hands while messing with my fingers. I smiled and moved my left arm on her back. I lightly rubbed and Victoria looked up at me. She smiled lightly and I whispered, "Sorry I fell asleep on you last night." She shook her head and moved both of her hands onto my collarbone so she could rest her head on them. "It's okay I knew you were tired. Thank you for being there anyway though." I smiled at her, "You know I always will be." I paused for a second questioning if I should ask what happened last night. She noticed my hesitation and said, "About last night. My imagination took over and I thought of the worst." She looked away not meeting my eyes. I moved my hands so I am holding her face. "Vic what did you think of." I could see that she was going to cry again. So I quickly reacted and pulled her up higher on my body so I could hold her better. I looked over at the clock and saw we would be late to school. Ugh it's only Wednesday. Fuck school, Victoria is more important. She cried into my shoulder while holding onto me tightly. "Shhh I am here Vic. Tell me when you're ready, there is no pressure." She tightened her grip even more and I continued to hold her. Through the sobs I heard her say, "Your parents found you a-and you all d-disappeard. W-we couldn't get you b-back. You w-were gone forever." My heart broke knowing that she was crying because of me. I shook my head and went to sit up moving her with me. I held her tear stained face and made her look at me. "I am here okay. I wasn't taken and I'm not planning to be. You know I would never leave without a fight or a sign. I am here, and here to stay." She nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck. I wrapped mine around her waist and held her close to me. About an hour later Victoria had stopped crying and fell asleep again and I continued to hold her. I looked over at the time and saw that it was noon. Wow it's really been that long? I slowly moved her off of me and went to my dresser. I wanted to change out of my clothes since I had worn them since yesterday. Which reminded me about my phone. I pulled it out of my back pocket and saw that I had a text from Tony.

Tony: "Hey babe where are you?"

He texted that when school started. I scrolled a bit and saw he sent another one about an hour ago.

Tony: "Babe are you okay. You still haven't answered me. Also is Victoria okay?"

I smiled at his concern and went to text him back.

Me: "Baby I am okay, Victoria and I just stayed home. And she is doing much better."

I closed my phone and got out my clean clothes. I should shower. I nodded to myself and looked at Victoria. She was still fast asleep. She'll be okay. I smiled to myself and went out to go to the bathroom. I turned on the water and put my clothes and phone on the counter and stripped out of my clothes. I got into the shower and took a deep breath when the warm water hit my body. I let my mind wonder a bit before I started to clean myself. When I was done I got out and started to dry myself. I put my Jean's and bra on then started to comb out my hair.  After that I put on deodorant then my shirt, it was a Eragon graphic T-shirt. I ran my hand through my wet hair and looked back at my phone. Tony had texted me back.

Tony: "That's really good news babe. Although not having you here with me sucks.😥"

I pouted at his text and walked back to Victoria's room. I leaned against the door frame and saw Victoria sitting up and stretching. I smiled and said, "Well good morning sleeping beauty." She chuckled and I walked over to her hamper to put my dirty clothes in. I heard movement on the bed behind me and felt arms around my waist and her head on my back. I chucked and said, "You're still tired aren't you?" I felt her nod against my back. I laughed and hit her hand, "Come on go get dressed we are going to go eat." She quickly let go and I could hear her stripping. I laughed and started to walk to the door. "I'll meet you at the front do..." She ran past me, down the hall, and out the door. "Alright she is hungrier then I thought." I laughed and went to the front door grabbed my keys and went to my car. Victoria was waiting outside so I unlocked the door and we both got in. I turned on the car and asked her, "Where do you want to eat?" She thought about it for a second before saying, "Denny's. I want pasta." I laughed and pulled out of the driveway, "Denny's it is." On the way there we listened to the radio and hummed along. When we got there Victoria was quick to run inside. I shook my head smiling and whispered to myself, "My gosh she is crazy but you gotta love her." I turned off my car and walked inside. I stood next to Victoria and the waiter took us to our table. He took us to a booth and we sat across from each other. The waiter then asked, "Can I get you both drinks?" We both said water at the same time and Victoria also said, "I am ready to order as well." I chuckled lightly and looked over to the waiter, "I think I am ready as well." He nodded and took Victoria's order then mine. Once he left I started laughing and Victoria looked at me funny before joining in. When we both stopped laughing she asked, "So what was the random laughing for Faith?" I smiled and simply said, "Your eagerness for food today." She reached across the table and hit me in the arm. "Stop making fun of me. I am hungry alright."

I put my hands up in surrender and the waiter came over with our food. We thanked him and started to eat our food. While eating we had some small talk and laughter. When we finished we split the check and the waiter took it back. I look over at Victoria and ask her, "Are your hunger needs fulfilled?" She laughed and the waiter came back. The front door then opened and Victoria looked over. I signed the check and looked up when Victoria started to hit my arm frantically. I raised my eyebrow and asked her, "Vic why are you hitting my arm?" Wide eyed she looked at me and whispered, "Your parents just walked in." My eyes widened and I looked around the waiter who was confused. Sure enough my parents were talking to each other and waiting to be seated at the front of the restaurant. I said quietly to myself, "Fuck." I looked up at the waiter and quietly asked him, "Is there a back door or something we can get out?" He seemed hesitant to tell us because I would imagine they aren't allowed to tell a customer were the back door was. Victoria then grabbed his arm and said to him with pleading eyes, "Please they can't know we are here." His walls broke and said, "Over there in the corner. I'll distract them while you both leave." I put my hand on his arm and thanked him. He nodded and turned to walk away. Once my parents attention was to him I reached out for Victoria's hand so I wouldn't lose her somehow. As soon as she intertwined our fingers I got out of the booth and booked it to the back door. We both ran to my car and quickly got inside. I locked the doors and got out of the parking lot as quickly as I could. Once we were far enough I pulled over and took deep breaths that I didn't realize I was holding in. I felt Victoria's hand on my arm which made me look over at her. She rubbed my arm and said, "It's alright we are far enough and they didn't see us. We are okay now." I smiled at her and said, "Shouldn't I be the one comforting you." She quickly shook her head and said, "No no I am okay now. Being with you made me feel better. But seeing them in person after I had that dream..." She took her arm off and slowly shook her head looking at the floor. I was the one who put my hand on her arm now.

"It's okay. Like you said before they didn't see us. We are just fine." She nodded while looking at the floor. Alright time to go home. I pulled back out onto the street and made my way back home. We didn't say anything on the way home from being too shaken up from what had happened. When we got back home Victoria and I sat in the car for a second. I heard her quietly say, "That was too close." I agreed and said, "Come on let's go inside." I saw her nod her head in the corner of my eye. We both got out of the car and went inside to the couch. I said out loud mainly to myself, "They are getting closer." I heard Victoria whimper. I snapped my head in her direction and saw she was crying but trying to stay quiet. I quickly moved to her and brought her into my arms. She cried into my shoulder while I rubbed her back. My arm became numb from being in the same position for so long. Victoria had managed to cry herself to sleep again so I moved her so I held her bridal style. She shifted and put her arms around my neck. I felt her steady breathing against my neck so I carried her to her room. Laying her down she quickly cuddled into her pillow and I smiled at the sight quietly leaving her room. I got my phone out to see what time it was. It was 4:15pm I am going to see if Jonathan can come over. Victoria needs him right now. I nodded to myself and went back to the livingroom and sat on the couch. I texted Jonathan and he had said he would be over in a couple of minutes. I leaned back and look at the ceiling. My phone vibrated in my hand and I looked down. It was from Luna.

Luna: "I can't stand it Faith."

Confused as to what she meant I texted back.

Me: "Lu what are you talking about?"

Luna: "Delilah. We broke up cause of my fucking parents. I can't stand not being able to hold her hand or have her arm around me. Faith I really like her. I don't like that I had to give up my happiness because of my parents."

I took a deep breath and said to myself. This day just keeps getting better and better.