Chapter 16

Luna and Victoria were in my closet looking for an outfit, while Delilah and I watched from my bed. We sat on the edge of my bed with me leaning against Delilah. Luna ended up giving me blue skinny jeans while Victoria continued to look for a shirt. I then said, "I would prefer a long sleeve I don't want Tony to see my bruises." After I had said that Victoria walked out with a grey V-Neck long sleeve shirt. "Here this will work. I'll help you change. Are you guys going to stay in the room?" She gestured to Luna and Delilah. They both looked at me and Luna said, "We'll wait for you both at the door." I nodded and they both left my room. I slowly stood myself up after they left and tried to lift my shirt over my head. I winced and took deep breath's hoping that it would relieve some pain. I got it about half way then stopped because it hurt too much. Vic helped me take the shirt off completely. I looked in my mirror and I saw different colors scattered around my body. Victoria gasped and I continued to look at exactly how many bruises I had on my body. I had only a few areas that weren't bruised. I ran my hand over them lightly brushing them. I looked away from the mirror and Vic put on my shirt.

She gave me a sympathetic look and helped me get fully dressed. Vic was moving a lot faster showing me that she was healing well. I smiled at her and helped her dress me the best I could. I limped over to my dresser and put on deodorant, perfume, and found a wolf necklace made of abalone. I turned and saw Victoria looking at me. I raised my eyebrow and asked, "What?" She shook her head and said, "Come on we need to leave or we won't make it on time." I limped to her and we both went to the front door. Delilah and Luna were talking to each other on the couch, Delilah stopped talking when she saw me. She whistled which made Luna turn around, "You look good Faith despite everything that has happened." I smiled at them and Luna got my wheelchair. Once it was behind me I sat down and quickly pulled out my phone. I texted Jonathan to meet us at the park. I had put my phone away before Victoria had the chance to look at my phone. I didn't want Victoria to be the only one without company. I had another plan for Delilah and Luna. I looked over at Vic and said, "Hey go get ready we need to leave soon. Luna you should go and help her." Luna nodded and they both went back to her room. Once they were gone I looked over at Delilah, "Hey Del you gotta make a move on her girl. It seems like you're leading her on. And I know you aren't but if you continue this I will hurt you. Even though I am in a wheelchair I could take you down in a second." She nodded and looked at the floor. "When we get to that park I want you to ask her out. Find a nice spot and ask her." Her head snapped up and asked, "What about Victoria she'll be alone." I shook my head, "I texted Jonathan he'll be at the park when we get there." She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. I grabbed her hand making her look down at me. "Hey you will be fine. You can't panic, it doesn't help anyone. You stay confident, alright." I squeezed her hand and she smiled at me.

She bent over to give me a hug that I quickly responded to. Luna and Victoria came soon after we broke apart. "Come on guys lets go I'm going to be late." Delilah opened the door and Victoria pushed me out using me to walk without slightly limping. Delilah and Luna walked behind us on the way there talking about anything while Victoria and I were listening. Once we got there I saw Jonathan leaning against the lamppost at the entrance of the park. Once he saw us he smiled and started walking over. Victoria looked down at me as if asking if she could go to him. I gestured my head to him and she smiled. She smiled and walked/ran over to him. He picked her up and spun her around kissing her at the end. I smiled at them and shook my head. I wheeled myself over and looked at Jonathan, "Take care of her." He nodded and they both went walking. I continued to wheel myself closer to the bench where I met Tony until I stopped. I turned and looked at Delilah and Luna. "I will see you two later." They both nodded and smiled. I winked at Delilah and she slightly nodded at me. I smiled then turned back around. I pushed myself closer to the bench seeing Tony looking at the floor. He looked good wearing dark blue jeans with a white V-Neck shirt with a black sweater to top it off. He seemed nervous which I thought it was highly adorable. I took a deep breath pushing back my insecurities and wheeled over. I cleared my throat and his head quickly snapped over. I heard something pop and he held the back of his neck rubbing it. Once he stood up and realized what I was in he had a concerned look on his face. I wheeled closer to him and looked down, "I told you a lot has happened Tony." He squatted in front of me and put his hand on my cheek running it over the bruising. I winced at a certain point and Tony moved his hand under my chin lifting my head. I looked into his eyes and saw he was smiling. I raised an eyebrow and asked, "Why are you looking at me like that?" He just smiled and stood up, "You can still stand right?" I nodded and he extended his hand for me to take.

Which I did and he helped me up. I clutched my ribs and took a deep breath. "Ow." I looked at him and he looked concerned. I held his cheek in my hand, "I am okay it just hurts a bit." He leaned into my hand and pulled me closer. "Hi." He whispered. "Hi." I said back. He then leaned in and kissed me. Shocked at first, I didn't reciprocate but once I caught on I kissed back. When we pulled apart we were both breathless. "Wow I was not expecting that. But I'm also not complaining." He chuckled and said, "I've been wanting to do that for a while. Come sit with me you have to explain what happened to you." He backed away and helped me walk to the bench which wasn't too far. I sighed and started from the beginning of it all. Once I had finished Tony was pissed. He was clenching his fist while the other was holding my hand. I let go of his hand and grabbed his face making him face me. I could see he was angry. His eyes showed that he was soft but in the back you could see the rage. "Tony please." He put his hands over mine and took them off his face. "That Lexy girl hurt you Faith. Of course I'm not going to be okay with that." He sighed and looked down at our hands. "Look what she did to you Faith. You are bruised and in pain because of her." I shook my head and squeezed his hands. "Tony I swear to you it is okay. Please believe me." The sun was going down from how long everything had took. I stood up and pulled Tony up, "This was great but I need to be going back home now. It's getting late you should go home too." He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead. I sighed and enjoyed his company. He then pulled away and kissed me. When we pulled apart I heard someone clear their throat behind us. I turned and saw everyone smiling at me. I smiled back and looked back at Tony. "Here I'll help you get back into your wheelchair." I nodded and slowly sat down. I squeezed his hand one last time and then I was being pulled back, "I'll see you later Tony." He nodded and waved.

Victoria hooted behind me and I blushed. On the walk back home they made fun of me and teased me. I hit their arms and we were home before I knew it. I looked over at Delilah and raised my eyebrows asking her if she ended up asking Luna out. She nodded her head and looked away shyly. I smiled and got out of my chair. I walked over to Luna and hugged her. She tightened her hold and whispered, "She did it." I could feel her smile against me and I nodded. With one last squeeze she let go and went over to Delilah. They held hands and Victoria and I smiled at each other. We said our final goodbye's and closed the door behind them. After they left, Victoria and I walked to our rooms to get ready to sleep. We both had to go to school and luckily it was Thursday so we would only have a day left of the week. I changed out of my clothes the best I could with how I am. After a while of not being able to take off my shirt I said to myself that I was just going to sleep with it. I changed into shorts and turned off my light. I found my way to my bed and laid down on my back. I groaned in pain from my ribs and held my chest. I took a deep breath and threw my blanket over me. I closed my eyes and with a smile on my face I fell asleep. The next morning Victoria had woken me up and was now able to walk almost without a limp. She was still sore and had some bruises but they were healing well. She helped me get dressed and get to the kitchen. "Are you going to take your wheelchair?" I looked at it sitting by the front door. "Yeah I can't walk that well yet. I wouldn't make it through the day." She nodded and went to go get it while I went to eat something before we left. I ate a banana and tossed Victoria a peach. We went to her car in the garage while she put my wheelchair in the back seat. When we pulled out to the street I turned on the radio the song 'look back at it by boogie with da hoodie'. We both quickly started dancing and singing along to it. When we pulled up to the school I got out and leaned against the car waiting for Victoria to get the wheelchair. She came to the side of the car and I sat in my chair. Victoria and I made our way to the doors of the school. We were greeted by Luna, Delilah, and Jonathan. "Hey guys." Jonathan smiled and said, "Welcome back Faith." I smiled and nodded.