Chapter 2

Luna got along great with Victoria and Jonathan. She was a bit shy at first but then opened after she realized that we were the good guys. Luna and I had a lot in common turns out. Although the fact that I do boxing hasn't come up yet. She doesn't need to know that yet. Luna is a senior as well and the same height as me. Turns out that Luna and I had 3 classes together. So we went to our classes continuing to talk to get to know each other more. The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. I was already in my last class. I stared at the clock hoping that it would go just a little faster. A little later I started packing my things since I finished my work already and just waited for the clock to tick once more. Briiinnnggg. I quickly swung my bag over my shoulder and left class. I went over to my locker and put my books in. Victoria walked over with Jonathan holding hands and soon after I saw Luna walking closer from behind them. Victoria walked over and asked, "Hey Faith are we going to go eat?" I thought about it then looked at the time. "SHIT! I'M LATE!" I took off running down the hall to the back doors of the school. If I show up late to my daily beating it lasts for longer and more people could be involved.

Once I bursted through the back doors I was quickly knocked to the ground. I groaned and rolled over onto my back. I got kicked several times on my stomach and back. I wheezed and rolled to my side. A couple more kicks later and Lexy told her followers to pick me up. They forcefully pulled me up and held my arms so I couldn't fight back. As if I was going to anyway. Lexy punched me a couple of times in the stomach and once on my right eye. I dropped my head and her followers threw me on the floor. They started kicking me again and when they stopped I started coughing up blood. Lexy squatted down to look at me and said, "Next time don't be late. This is only the beginning, if you are ever late again your punishment will be worse." I looked up at her and she punched me in the eye again. My head slammed to the floor and I heard them leaving. I used the strength I had left and flipped onto my back. I touched my eye and winced at the pain knowing that I had gotten a black eye. When I looked at my fingers the area was bleeding. I ran my fingers over my swollen lip and took a deep breath.

I looked up into the sky and heard running. It sounded like it was getting closer but I was too weak to move so I continued to look up. "Faith why didn't you tell us we would have gone with you. And why don't you fight back we know you can kick their asses in a second." I smiled the best I could and recognized the voice as Victoria's. She helped me sit up and then I saw Jonathan and Luna walk around the corner. Jonathan shook his head and Luna gasped. Victoria helped me stand while Jonathan held the other side of me. Luna asked, "What happened Faith?" I simply shook my head and held my stomach. And I said to Victoria, "I know I can but if I do they'll go after you instead." She shook her head and said, "Then we'll take them out together." I chuckled and was helped to Victoria's car. They sat me in the passenger seat while Jonathan and Luna sat in the back. Luna asked, "How are you guys not freaking out at Faith's state right now?" Victoria sighed and responded with, "Unfortunately we are used to this. I am more upset about not knowing or getting the hint as to why you took off so fast." I reached over with the hand that wasn't holding my stomach and held her hand as reassurance and a apology.

I spoke up breaking the silence, "Hey Luna where exactly do you live?" She seemed to have snapped out of it and started guiding us. Turns out she lived on the same street as Jonathan which was about 4 blocks from Victoria's house. We said bye to them and went home. Since her parents weren't home it saved a lot of questions. Victoria helped me go to the bathroom where I washed all the blood off. I needed to take off my shirt because it had blood stains on it. Victoria had to help take it off seeing that when I moved it hurt my stomach. She helped wrap my stomach and put my new shirt on. She opened a drawer and got the ibuprofen out to help with the pain. Victoria then asked, "I hope you aren't fighting tonight. You're in no shape to do so." I hesitantly nodded my head and Victoria gave me a 'are you serious look'. I walked back into her room and sat on her bed. "It's the only way I can help here Victoria. I don't want you guys to provide for me forever. I get over a thousand dollars a night for 1 fight. Plus you know I have been in worse condition and yet I still don't lose." Victoria shook her head and stood in front of me, "Doesn't matter I don't want you to fight tonight. And I don't care what you say, I don't care if your the best fighter out there. You know that we could both get a normal job. And then I finally won't have to worry about if you'll make it out of that ring without Marcus showing up at our door telling us that you are gone. I don't want to experience that Faith. I don't want to lose you." Marcus is basically like my manager, he helps me find fights and become well known. He is like family as well seeing that he is 25 and cares for me as if I was his little sister. She took deep breaths from her ranting and I noticed she was trying not to cry. I stood up and pulled her into a hug. "Victoria you won't ever get that notice because I will always come back."

I pulled away from her and wiggled my eyebrows saying, "The Seeker never goes down." She chuckled and said, "I still don't want you to fight tonight." I sighed and pulled her into a hug. "If it makes you feel better then I won't." She whispered a thank you and I said to her that I needed to do some homework. She nodded her head and I walked to my room which was further down the hall. I got my homework out of my bag and started finishing my English essay that I didn't have the chance to do in class. After about an hour I had finally finished the essay and saw that it was already 10:30. I ran a hand through my hair. I sighed and went to lay on my bed staring at the ceiling. There was a light knock on my door. I looked over and whispered "Come in." The door was slowly opened and I was met with a very sleepy Victoria. I smiled and opened my arms knowing she couldn't fall asleep. She immediately walked in, closed my door and walked to my bed cuddling with me. I turned off my light and started running my hand through her hair. She quickly fell asleep soon after. I reached under my pillow for my phone and turned the brightness down. I saw that I had gotten a message from Marcus 3 minutes ago.

Marcus: "Still going to the fight tonight?"

I looked at Victoria who was asleep on my chest and sighed. I'm sorry Vic. I looked back at my phone and typed.

Me: "Pick me up in 20 minutes and don't be loud. See you soon."