March 25th

March 25th.

I've done something terrible. The other night, I was walking home alone when I saw a man at the door. It was raining quite hard, and he was pounding at it, trying to get in. I don't know what came over me, but I panicked. I thought the Rail Marshal's Office was after me.

So I drew the gun that Michael gave me. I shouted at him, trying to get his attention. He turned at me, but I think my voice was drowned out by the wind and rain. He started approaching me. I tried to fire a warning shot, but I failed to account for inexperience with firearms. I shot him in the chest.

When I approached him I found that it was Doctor Clinton. I remember now that he came by when I was out, and left a note saying he would come by later at night. I threw up in the bushes on my front lawn. Emily came running out and saw Doctor Clinton's body, but she didn't seem alarmed. She simply said she would take care of it.

I paced the house for the rest of the night. Emily went to the workshop with the body. I heard a siren and some voices, and a knock on the door. I didn't answer.I approached Emily later. I told her I wanted to tell the police what I had done, but she said not to worry about it. I went to bed and fell asleep.