Chapter 11

Chapter 11

***Thirty-Nine Weeks Pregnant***

Lying in bed, I have my back to Happy and can hear his soft snores in my ear telling me he's sleeping peacefully with his hand on my hip. At least one of us is sleeping. I've been feeling little contractions for the last little bit and they are getting stronger and closer together. I move to get up and as I get off the bed, I hear Happy ask "You okay babe?" I nod and say "Yeah. Deacon's pushing on my bladder." I say. I walk into the bathroom and close the door as another contraction hits. This time, my water breaks. "Shit." I say and hear Happy at the door. "Rhea? You okay?" he asks. I open the door and say "I gotta change real fast and you should get dressed." I say and he looks at me confused. "My water broke." I tell him. He gets dressed quickly and helps me change. Then he grabs our bags and puts them in the car before helping me into the car. Picking up my phone I call Rane. "Rhea? You okay?" he asks as he answers the phone. "Deacon's making a jailbreak." I say. He starts laughing and says "Probably not the last time you'll be saying that." I laugh and say "Just get to the hospital asshole." before ending the call.

Six hours later, we are sitting in our hospital room with Rane and Lyla and Lyla is holding Deacon. "He's so precious guys." she says and you can see the pride in Happy's face. After visiting for a while and the rest of the club coming to visit, we are sitting here, and I am feeding our son. "He looks like you Hap." I say. "Yeah. He does. Has your nose." He says but I don't look up from our son. He tilts my chin up and makes me look at him. "You okay little girl?" I nod. "Talk to me." he says. "I'm just sitting here thinking. This was what I wanted with you back then. All I wanted was to be your wife and mother of your kids." I tell him. "Are you happy?" he asks. "I've never been happier. I love you baby. I've never wanted anything more than being your wife and baby momma." I tell him and we both laugh. I look at him seriously and ask "You asked. Now my turn. Are you happy?" He kisses me softly and then kisses the top of Deacon's head and says "I've never been happier. You and the kid are the best things to ever happen to me. I'm sorry I fucked things up before but baby I will never let this go again." he tells me. "I know baby. I know." I tell him.

A few days later we are released from the hospital. Walking into the clubhouse, everyone welcomes us and Happy carries Deacon's carrier over to one of the tables. He takes him out, he hands him to me so that I can feed him. Once he finishes the bottle, Venus walks over and asks "Can I hold the little prince?" I hand him to her and she just coos at him. Happy pulls me close and says "I love you Momma." I look up at him and say "I love you Daddy. I still can't believe he's actually here." I say and Lyla says "It only gets more believable. Trust me." she says and I can't help but smile.

That night, Deacon is bathed, fed and changed and I am sitting in the rocker, rocking him when Happy walks into the room. Kneeling in front of me he asks "How's our boy doing?" I smile and say "Perfect as always." I look back down at him and smile. "You look so happy." he says. I look at him and say "I am really happy." I say. He kisses me softly. Putting Deacon in his crib, Happy and I head to bed and I lay my head on his chest and drift off to sleep feeling complete.